20020th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

We need to g you tfo from Bulgaria

@mollylikesorigami Is this your rival

I think you’ve kinda got the causality a bit backwards here. I mean it’s intertwined. But if I were particularly conformist I wouldn’t ever have admitted I was gay. I would’ve thought about it as a teenager and gone “oh god that means I’ll never have kids” and shoved away the thought, probably. There’s a whole filter over anything that requires self-insight or self-discovery. You’ve got to be sufficiently introspective to notice it and sufficiently open to the idea to admit to it

4 Likes

I would’ve just gone “wow I’m deeply unhappy in these relationships idk why” and suffered

3 Likes

so few people are really willing to stop and think then get something out of it

1 Like
follow on from poppy playtime discussion regarding bans, do not open if you don't want to continue the discussion marshal

its not about letting the trolls win, it’s about letting the racists win (and they did partially)

because it never did have negative racial connotations in mafia, at least I had never seen it be used that way, and I never actually knew about the association of that word to the persecution of black people until the entire thing kicked off iirc, that’s how disassociated it was

FoL did implement a partial ban where we forced host & mod communication to not include it, regardless:

because it began to introduce racial connotations to it barbra streisand effect

but the damage has been done and subsequently moving away from it because we tried to ban it and introduced racial connotations is probably best

1 Like

i never knew the poppy playtime lore was that deep

i get to make terrible jokes im not breathing well and the oxygen constriction is halting my brain processes

5 Likes

also im re-evaluating harlequin from lady gaga

The Joker is actually a good song

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/LadyGaga/comments/1frgwix/unfortunately_no_tracks_from_ladygagas_new_album/

okay yeah the album flopped commercially it’s on par with katy’s latest release which was a complete flop

somewhat understandable since the album wasn’t marketed at all and is a non-pop album

you broke the space time continuum

3 Likes

my entire stance on the lynch debate was that it’s incredibly stupid and it only had a racial undertone if you were talking about it in context to the jim crow era south

granted any potential racial undertones is a land mine so if the word we use is lynch is that it’s fine but maybe another word might be better

3 Likes

i’m a few glasses of whiskey deep so

my thoughts may not be properly communicated

you would’ve been great in the 1800s

i shoulda been in the gentleman’s clubbbsssss

2 Likes

i woulda run the crimean war better

there woulda been no charge of the light brigade in my watch

@anglosinthisthread

how do you feel about lionizing people too stupid to question clearly incorrect orders

1 Like

just saw orangeandblack5 on a reddit thread

6 Likes

i was mad when they banned lynch intitally because it seemed like pandering towards a problem that does not exist
cause when people were pushing that initially most of the people didnt know what the negative connotations even were, unless you are american doing stuff on history exactly you wouldnt know and assume is just a short word for execution

now i dont care and most people dont care also even if you do say it cause 99.9% of the time its not used racially

3 Likes

famous superstar

2 Likes