13337th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

Im definitely on the rog train though I’m a trendsetter

2 Likes

I could see it catching on because, well, to “rawdog” has started reaching wider lexicon, but is… very sexual in origin, to say the least. “Rog” keeps the idea but strips away the er strange beginnings of the word

2 Likes

rog this shit

rog and roll :guitar:

1 Like

rasmus sweep

1 Like

would you rather rog and roll or rawdog and roll

1 Like

rog n roll baybee

1 Like

Me

youve won me over

niel…

3 Likes

Wow i was my own therapist all along?

Another nightmare and sleep paralysis ahhh ;-; i want them to stop. I dont want nightmares and sleep paralysis

1 Like

used to have night terrors. shit sucks ass

only advice i can give is find something that calms you down relatively quickly then try tog et back to sleep

2 Likes

Yeah it’s like, weaponisation of anecdote instincts. Most people overweigh “oh yeah that happened to my friend” when they form opinions on things. Oh yeah my friend took that class and hated it so I won’t. And you don’t trust anecdotes from, like, politicians or people you know have an agenda, but your friend, why would they lie?

And normally the anecdotes you hear are entirely random so your anecdotal bias is entirely random, y’know, just whatever happens to have happened. But with these reddit stories, 1. lots of people are lying for upvotes, and 2. even if they aren’t lying, the stories pushed to the top are the ones that people find appealing, so the sorting process pushes an agenda anyway.

And even many people who know how to, like, critically evaluate News from News Sources don’t consider social media as a news source, they think of it as a friend, and so they don’t consider thoughtfully at all. Somebody smart enough to know “ELEVEN YEAR OLD given SRS” as a Fox News headline is unreliable doesn’t necessarily know it’s probably not true as a Reddit story either. It’s dire! It’s bad!

4 Likes

Yeah exactly

2 Likes

the phrase “night terrors” is metal

1 Like

it also sounds like a don’t starve mechanic

1 Like

frostpunk 2 confirmed peak

2 Likes

Holy shit

1 Like