13337th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

22 don’t just like act come submit some obscure bulgarian lit

1 Like

Yea I’m working on it

if it helps i don’t think i could name a single bulgarian author

1 Like

heheh :stuck_out_tongue:

most of our literature is about liberation and suffering at the hands of imperialism. we don’t have that many other stuff. its pretty much everything we were forced to learn at school

i used to read a ton. ton of western sci-fi and fantasy. nowadays less so

im down to talk about books and maybe recommend what i like but i dont wanna commit to the book club game because i wanna give myself the freedom to not read a book i dont wanna read and it’d be rude if i joined the game and did that. the person who recommended it would feel bad :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

you’ll love atlas shrugged

1 Like

(i have not read atlas shrugged and have heard it is possibly the worst book ever)

1 Like

im fine with that genre, i dont hate it, not my favorite, but atly i was just explaining about our literature!!! not what i necessarily like!! :stuck_out_tongue:

huh? didn’t you like school?

1 Like

that’s actually really interesting and i would like to learn more so sub to book club

there’s no real penalty for flaking other than just not being allowed to submit a book for the next meeting

1 Like

i entirely missed the implication despite you saying it that you didn’t exactly like it even though you wrote it because i am Tired

1 Like

benguined join book club it’ll be great

1 Like

the sky lords trilogy from john brosnan (first one written in 1988)

i can recommend that one. dystopian sci-fi. holds up really well, imo

the penalty (for me) is somebody feeling bad if they see me flaking on their book but not flaking on others. maybe its not that big of a deal to people but to me it is :sweat_smile:

and right now i just dont wanna commit to reading, sorry! :hugs:

3 Likes

people still read in 2012?

2 Likes

don’t we all only get information snd knowledge from youtube videos under 10 minutes???

3 Likes

yuge ik

JOIN JOIN JOIN

1 Like

sorryyyy I’d literally be just there to pad numbers

the only thing im reading is like rpg system rules to run games

nyaaaaaaa linear was fun
it was more or less “here are a bunch of different problems. but they’re actually the same problem and you just look at it from different lenses”

1 Like

IDK how much of it I actually remember tho thbthtbththbbt

also thankfully my professor taught determinants near the end
so we didn’t have the “magic unexplained number that solves a ton of stuff” until after we’d already had time to think of a bunch of normal ideas about why things are the same