24680th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

gazebo

1 Like

its fucked up that they let me be apart of the fam4 host team

3 Likes

Having thought a lot about how to present information thanks to Zelda Mafia, you probably want to have a TL;DR section that covers the core aspects of the game and use the rest of the OP to expand upon it.
The way I designed Zelda Mafia’s OP was in order of when a player would consult it; start with objectives, then go into how to get to those objectives, then how to deal with hitches in seeking those objectives.

1 Like

well when people don’t read the OP generally they don’t read any of it except maybe the playerlist
so my solution is literally just “make the person summarize the mechanics when they sign up”

2 Likes

literally my only game credit on fol and this year. I have one game credit last year and it was one of the first tos 2 longforms. That got canned

2 Likes

The mod team’s coming for ya’.

1 Like

fun fact about this
it was an extremely funny and cool concepts
and then i accidentally made it have too many base mechanics. i also suck at puzzles, riddles or other such events that comprise the main things you can do in events n shit.
i had a guy to help me with that but then we put in too many basic mechanics and it was just joever
maybe i can revisit it and just have “how you get forced into death events” and the hp mechanic that made a bit more depth with the events possible (rather than just “you die” or “you live”)

I mean tbf

In the first jackal returns here basically this happened

1 Like

mountainous is fun

See, the QBCord solution to this is to make this an RPG of sorts because it allows you to have a spectrum of outcomes between “escaping without a scratch” and “instant death”.

1 Like

yea ok fair

i am too lazy

1 Like

i had a few events written down with potential but certainly not enough. lemme find them. maybe if i removed all the other mechanics it could be hostable

1 Like

I like designing special games but ill basically only play vanilla outside of mashes

1 Like

have the theme

just gotta expeditiously make role cards

1 Like

i was very down on HP systems before the hybrid ITA system

1 Like

I PLAY!!! I JUST HAVENT HOSTED!!!

1 Like

Simply host town of salem 2 then

1 Like

Designing flavor is also fun im still proud of all i did for TADC vig 10er

1 Like