17776th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

Maytown

2 Likes

real analysis is abstract hell any theorem that lets you state things that are obvious becomes your friend

2 Likes

I swear it’s a thing that I specifically started doing as a mangling of some post but I could be wrong

ap calc makes you hate the IVT and EVT and MVT and all of its relatives because why should you have to use this theorem for something so obvious, but a few weeks of real analysis makes them your best friends

2 Likes

because it takes until day 2 of class to prove that 1 is greater than 0

1 Like

“for any real number c there is a natural number n such that n > c” is one of the most useful principles in the class and it had to be proven

2 Likes

https://x.com/whitesox/status/1837351177442164857?s=46&t=ie9tYAMY-DhYKQ1Cbc2Jbw

dawg the intern is checked the FUCK out

2 Likes

i would be too if i had to watch all 162 games of that fucking team

genuine non-fuckery worst mlb team in history

i think the end of season white sox-angels series should be for the right to stay in the league. loser gets replaced by the orioles triple a team

1 Like

i’m tempted to go up to chicago for that series fun fact

braver than any us marine

1 Like

anyways Ms are two games back of the wild card. god willing the twins and tigers collapse

tickets are genuinely 1-2 USD

1 Like

How do you prove that though?

1 Like

Like it’s true but what’s the proof?

1 Like

cause they said so duh

well you see. you have to use the fact that for any real number c the interval [c, c + 1) contains exactly one integer. and the completeness axiom.

tell me more

this is literally every real analysis problem. you can see it’s true because you’ve done math for the last 15+ years of your life but you have to articulate why it’s true