17776th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

Paradoxically and ironically, the freedom of choice can be restricting. Such is why I asked for prompt ideas to begin with.

1 Like

Neutral Vigilante is alchemist

Blender is also a closed setup. The setup can be made pre-selected beforehand, you know?

Me no comprehendo.

Blender game, closed setup.

So not unfun bastard and unbalanced.

Crazy combinations yes

Never heard of Blender before, but it reminds me of my setups before Proph taught me about synergy and purpose of setups.

We just grab some modifiers, roles from town, mafia and neutrals and blend together. Whatā€™s the worse it can happen.

A game still unmemorable. VCFM and Quantum are more fun and memorable than Mush Scraps (an unrun setup which has the properties of ā€œBlenderā€).

I do remember some of the roles that dropped here, the reason enemy within existed is due to the experience I have in that game. No insult to Jackal Returns, I think it is well done that reminds me of the previous games I mentioned.

Having an enemy inside mafia chat that is from different minority group, I even end up having two double agents in their town cult chat that I tried a little too hard to convince other towns that werenā€™t converted that they are a threat.

It is true yes, that nearly destroyed them.

1 Like

Divide and conquer.

Blender can go in two ways: Keep the original roles and alignments but have random modifier that works or change the roles and alignments without modifiers.

The original design just changed roles and alignments with a pre-selected roles that got chosen. Thereā€™s also rare chance that one of the roles is not changed at all.

Like sure, you could technically run Virtuous setup like that. But this can become too complex.

Do not blender your setups need a theme

Usually this theme is provided by flavor but when it Doesnā€™t Exist then you need to come up with mechanical consistency and machro mech ime

The key difference is the roles and the alignment.

You can have mafia roles with town alignment, town roles with third party alignments (depends on the role) and even neutrals with town alignment.

1 Like

Didnā€™t saw your message sorry, the original design had FOL (forum of lies) roles as flavor. Enemy Within have Deus Ex and Jackal Returns is based on Town of Salem traitor mode.

1 Like

Also, was it meant as a joke in some way? I was confused