17776th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

I literally cannot think of a large hero shooter off of the top of my head that hasn’t caught flak for including LGBTQ+ characters

1 Like

i think anyways

i can’t think of a single hero shooter other than maybe concord or ow2 (i dont know for either) that includes a transgender character, which was my reason for bringing it up

1 Like

hell even special forces hardcore elite military game based on a series penned by reagan fanboy Tom Clancy has had a trans operator for years

1 Like

boom get x-posted

2 Likes

oh yes argument destroyed, surely.

they also have a non-binary op

I forget which came first but I think it was the trans op

1 Like

and like they’ve caught flak for this from bigots sure but like it’s clearly not affecting their bottom line negatively or they wouldn’t do it

this is Ubisoft we’re talking about

1 Like

a lot of people, about half of the people i know, i wager about 70-ish% in america, are willing and accepting of lgb people

that number diminishes significantly when talking about transgender or nonbinary people

that’s why i think its neat that valve have put one in their game, and not more than mildly surprising, because valve is a private company that owns literal goldmine steam

1 Like

I mean it’s deffo neat

I just think it’s not surprising at all

2 Likes

more representation is usually better when it fits within your world/theming

1 Like

yea

and whatever kinda like

occult-punk thing valve is cooking up is actually literally perfect for that

1 Like

occultists and demons known conformers to societal standards like the gender binary

1 Like

the occult punk setting is pretty cool too

im sure you heard why it became that

no, I know almost nothing about the game

2 Likes

I know enough to know I have no interest in it

1 Like

playtesters

its valve
the playtesters recommended it

2 Likes

and that’s where I stopped

1 Like

I remember reading a study that found that of almost 130 companies that faced backlash for inclusion, Bud Light is the only one that actually fell more than, like, 1%.

2 Likes