17776th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

Me when the the the the the

2 Likes

With all the doors that I keep open and all the romance on my shelf, maybe Iā€™m the fool for thinking I can still love someone elseā€¦

2 Likes

kitty

2 Likes

On MU, at the very least, there are certain players who you will have a hard time reading which you would know when you look at the player list who they are. Itā€™s fine to not really read those players in any serious manner, and if someone asks you can hand wave them away. What you are mainly looking for is how people are acting as it will give you a pulse on the game, which can be used to read even those people. I still struggle on the using it to read players but the last game my pulse on the game where I felt like most of the people we were trying to chop were town and that was accurate, itā€™s just I was going after the town read town rather than the town read wolf and allowing those players to die.

But before that, still kind of did that where I sat back and just added fuel to the fire. Xan started to act wolfy, so I threw in the fire that they could be w/w with Mac, people went with it and said sure, Xan stafted to act reallt wolfy at eod so I voted them, a lot of that was pulse as I didnā€™t really care so much about reading players like Xan or Mac early on, more so noticing the cracks when I did start to glance at their direction.

Itā€™s very easy to do nothing and still use that to your advantage to try to win the game. The game felt perfectly fine d1 and d2 and I didnā€™t freak out, as opposed to eod1 in the champ qualfier game I was in where I knew things were wrong due to a strong pulse. Pulse helps you when you are wolfing too, but I digress

MU really isnā€™t that scary if you donā€™t care about hard pushing accurate reads early on

3 Likes

And personally having a pulse on the game just means you can win the game without knowing specific meta tells and gives you an insane read of the game later on if you start to learn from it

3 Likes

I think a lot of people struggle against me when Iā€™m wolfing because I have a strong pulse on the game and I post a lot, I know what buttons must be pressed to win the game, Mac got absolutely blindsided by me in a turbo because of this

3 Likes

Ash is not reading all that

3 Likes

Iā€™d surprise you.

1 Like

WILLOW!!! :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

That said, reading is much easier than internalizing.

1 Like

No itā€™s not
Useless maybe but nothing wrong with having it

1 Like

You people just hate change

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

And as town knowing what buttons to press is harder because itā€™s a lot more about being proactive while also, not being proactive, at least for me. To give the illusion I donā€™t really care while still speaking my mind and seeing what people do. I can spin 100 stories in my head about why your actions line up for a wolf perspective and state it in the game and also not at all actually care about what Iā€™m saying so much as how you and others respond because I donā€™t believe it . And I can tell you someone is town because I donā€™t expect much better from their wolf game and also not push it that hard for fear of being wrong and also to kinda see what occurs even if I believe it. I hate being wrong, itā€™s why I like the more passive approach as it lets me know for certain whether Iā€™m right eventually when I have enough information. Until I get better at canbuse less information with the same pulse to know the answer. Which is possible. If I can figure out we are losing itā€™s just a pattern I can learn to see who the wolf is

2 Likes

Clouds was findable with less information as it was just a pattern that I didnā€™t notice

1 Like

So you basically prod for reactions by throwing out weaker theories.

2 Likes

Donā€™t even need to prod sometimes, sometimes you just throw fire onto the log and see what burns

3 Likes

I think we should throw you onto the fire. Nyaa you bitch

2 Likes

And as I play more, I see more of those knee jerk reactions that come from town or mafia and you see that the underlying reaction doesnā€™t make sense from one alignment. Itā€™s why I instantly picked on how benguined was acting when I was changing gears, but I was too focused on the big picture and considering both sides. Considering both sides is how you lose mafia games. Break things into boxes and peer into one of the boxes and solve that box if you want to win the game. Itā€™s how I won kanave vs stett is focused on stett.

3 Likes

how does this impact botf

2 Likes