20020th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

Grr answer me @Aleph

idk which would be funnier: the mets missing the playoffs after everything or an 89 win diamondbacks team missing the playoffs the year after making the world series with 84 wins

i come from a FG background when it comes to playing things competitively which has heavily influenced my philosophy on this

2 Likes

and ~ig things arenā€™t banned except as last resort or itā€™s some game breaking tech that canā€™t be patched by devs in time for bracket (example:for the first monthly after DnF dropped Paladin(?) had a stupid easy infinite and the TOs decided to just ban that)

bans in modern FGs arenā€™t a thing anymore due to patches but wew some retro games

2 Likes

hell yeah!!!

ranger is bad!!!

literally the only thing I know about baseball is from this video

(Iā€™d just link the original, not the reaction, but the original omits the vtuber stuff that is pretty relevant when talking about how fucking wild this season of mlb has been)

I feel as though things being banned is fine (in physical card games) if itā€™s:

1. Bad for the format
    IE: Commands a high price point that pushes new players out of the game (think ā€œDark armed dragonā€ from yugioh)
    Or, just very very dominant. (Think ā€œNaduā€ from Magic)

2. Just like, to toxic?
    IE: Mystic Mine from yugioh

Or 3. To powerful, as you mentioned.

Reason for this is that other players / decks canā€™t like, play the game unless you ban it lmfao, regardless of how fun it is

1 Like

so in general my vibe on banning things is that itā€™s bad and people should git gud instead

then again thus might be harder to apply in TCGs

1 Like

Itā€™s complicated. The slightly confusing position that I also agree with is that the bans made Commander a better format, and also should not have happened. There are many cards that you could ban and make Commander a better, more fun, and more accessible format that they have not, and likely will never actually pull the trigger on. Thatā€™s sort of the confusing aspect of the bans, and they literally acknowledged it in their announcement by saying that theyā€™re not banning Sol Ring despite the same logic for banning Mana Crypt/Jeweled Lotus applying. There was no mention of cards like Gaeaā€™s Cradle and Serraā€™s Sanctum that are also deeply fucked up cards, but are probably spared only by their price point. You could also use similar logic for Mana Vault, Grim Monolith, Ancient Tomb, City of Traitors, and a bunch of other fast mana cards.

To be clear, I donā€™t want to play fast, competitive commander so I was largely ambivalent. I prefer slower, grindier games of Magic. Fuck everyone who was making death threats over them, and harassing the RC/CAG who are unpaid volunteers. I canā€™t blame the RC for just logging out over this one. Let the multi-million dollar corporation bear the brunt of it.

3 Likes

nothing is stopping you from ripping your opponentā€™s toxic cards in physical tcg just saying

6 Likes

orange when the post season starts iā€™m chaining you to a chair and forcing you to watch i need people to appreciate baseball here

Ishmaelā€™s Ball Knowledge Improvement Initiative
(IBKII)

1 Like

wait based nbow wanting grindy games

will be submitting apology will be filing an apology

2 Likes

Iā€™m a fair (ā€œfairā€) midrange girlie for life :triumph:

1 Like

fuck god iā€™ve been at the bar for 90 minutes and iā€™ve 5 beers deep god shall smite me for my hubris

What did the Ranger say

Or like why do you say theyā€™re bad

1 Like

they have no niche shit ass class

2 Likes

me when I draw sol ring immediately in commander vs willow, wazza & insanity:

ALSO WHAT IS THIS

thereā€™s a hatsune miku sol ring??

5 Likes

iā€™m sorry but the magic games WILL take 90 minutes and you will like it!

2 Likes

I agree with this take, itā€™s why I play yugioh.
Yeah tho, like - Everything said in this post (keep in mind I still know nothing about Magic!!) seems objectively correct

Yah, like. Most definitely shitty of them ā†’ Horrible behavoir, genuinly wondering how these people sleep at night lol

2 Likes