20020th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

Game idea: Encroaching Darkness
“You think 36/24 sucks? How about a setup where time starts to lose its meaning?”

Start with 48/24. After each cycle (which is basically after each night), day loses 3 hrs while night increases by 3hrs. Closed rolemadness with roles that can affect this time-sensitive mechanic.

3 Likes

36/24 sucks because SOD is always shifting.
48/24, where Day phase lose the same time the night wins, is better, because SOD is always the same.

3 Likes

2 Likes

this is the important part…

1 Like

Uh… Clearly you don’t see what I see.
Maybe for the better; Maybe for the worse.
Either way, I have a setup in mind now. :smiley:

1 Like

If each role gives the same amount to the night which takes away from the day (and vice-versa) I don’t see where the confusion came from.
(my previous comment already implied this is the case for each of those role.)

1 Like

That’s where the confusion comes from: The issue is that your assumption might not be correct. The setup mechanic has it such that Day loses its time to Night, but that mechanic is completely independent to the roles’ mechanics.

What can the roles do? That’s undecided, but it’s suffice to say: “Anything goes!”

1 Like

36/12:

2 Likes

Timing’s a weird thing to mess with because it’s less a gameplay mechanic and more just about accessibility.

1 Like

my biggest fol sadness is that there really isnt 72/24 here enough

2 Likes

What happens if -instead of day- night is the one who gets eaten? Would it become day? Well… Nothing is said about it, so it might become day, but what if it doesn’t?

Either (A) all phases shift, which I know players won’t like, or… (B) [null]; a “time slot” which is neither day nor night. A “phase” that is used solely as filler and nothing else.

(It’s essentially twilight, but[null] sounds cooler.)

1 Like

Hm… Well, I guess I can make one for you.

1 Like

Twilight is a fun phase. No day actions but no night actions just Talk

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

mind you 72/24 being a longer setup means that simpler setups fare alot worse. Less to talk about. Plenty of those 72/24s were semi opens my beloved

Thoughts on closed rolemadness 72/24?

2 Likes

No… Not even talking. Such is the definition of [null]. Otherwise you might as well say it is day, but then without voting. Which is a time when social interaction can occur, and any social interaction will eventually evolve into social deduction.

Oh, don’t worry.
My setups always get progressively worse.
:smiley:

2 Likes

Works if its mid/high-power

3 Likes

I just love the layer of complexity semi opens bring its so cool. You know what roles can exist but not the structure. Allows incredibly divergent gameplay

3 Likes