24680th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

i thought indonesia and new zealand are a big archipelago

oh you never told me you got your education in the states!

3 Likes

i’m starting to think the world didn’t change around you and that maybe you were just bad at geography

4 Likes

The wikipedia page mandela effect is just a redirect to “false memory” but those seem like two very different phenomena, like the false memory page is about such instances on an individual scale while the “mandela effect” phenomenon is a bunch of people reinforcing each other’s false memories on various things and even in many cases making up “universe swap” mythology about it

2 Likes

insane that everyone thought an important person halfway across the world died and then when they realized they were wrong instead of confronting their worldview they were like “hmm the universe must’ve changed around all of us”

2 Likes

Ah wait it’s supposed to redirect to the specific “mandela effect” subsection but it didn’t jump down there

1 Like

you are more uneduacated compared to me

you are such a meanie ;-; its against forum rules to be mean

also

that’s because it’s brown

1 Like

that is what the majority of those seem like

the only one that’s always gotten me was the monopoly man

3 Likes

i think the mandela effect about pikachu is thinking there’s black at the end of the tail

They don’t seem strange or weird to me ever people just like don’t look at details of things especially brands or logos. You just fill it in with your expectation. You visualise the monopoly man as the image of “rich man” rather than a collection of lines, and the image of “riichi man” includes a monocole

3 Likes

probably because pichu has a black tail

1 Like

mahjong corruption spotted

3 Likes

I noticed I’d typed riichi instead when I was writing the message and it was way too funny to correct

2 Likes

also some of those seem dubious as examples of the mandela effect because they’re based on something which is similar and actually true - like pikachu has black details on the ears, darth vader sounds like he’s saying “luke” not “no”, papa new guinea and the solomon islands are north east of australia etc

in its original inception there wasn’t really a reason for those people to think that nelson mandela died in prison

3 Likes

you hoes all talk mad shit but every single one of you thought the monopoly man had a monocle u just dont wanna admit it. coz u all wanna be smart. ur not brave to be stupid like me

hey guys isn’t it weird that just some guy took over tutuu’s account and we haven’t seen him since

2 Likes

There was a famously a different anti apartheid activist who died in prison at around the time people reported remembering Mandela died

1 Like

personal mandela effect: i thought that mandela was the name of the schizophrenic guy who was an interpreter for deaf people at the ceremony for the burial for mandela and made the news

1 Like