24680th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

Why are YOU as a man attracted to another molecule?!?!

4 Likes

Speak for yourself old me was funny as heck!

I just use more exclamation marks now

1 Like

july '22

so not quite but time is a fuck

2 Likes

Okay but don’t take that as an invitation to quote my old posts tho I know which ones you’d go for and it’d probably end up being my 13th reason

1 Like

this is one of the late math GRE problems. unfortunately you do actually have to know math to answer this one, but you don’t have to know nearly as much math as you would think

1 Like

this one

1 Like

You clearly don’t know litten

I still haven’t sent it

send it

please
it would mean a lot to me

A?

yeah

I think I could’ve figured this out when I was taking the AP Calc exam in high school no issue

I think I probably could’ve figured this out in freshman year of high school when I was teaching myself calculus for fun

the trick is since every other term is squared you know that the left side equaling 0 requires dy/dx to have the opposite sign to y, and A is the only graph with that property for both solutions always

1 Like

I think all you need is “the derivative, represented by dy/dx, is the slope of the function”

you can also factor it as (dy/dx + y)^2, in which case you can show to yourself that the solution is exactly when dy/dx = -y. but i only realized that after the fact

1 Like

contrast with this earlier problem, which expects me to actually know things that i do not

i picked random letters :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Damn. You got the first one wrong too but I wanted an excuse to explain the second one

1 Like