24680th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

the answer is d right

it is but the answer is also publicly available

so youre telling me i did all that for nothing

I can hazard a guess at how I can trick this one into being done despite me knowing nothing about complex integrals by parameterising the circle and treating the real part as X and the complex part as Y. But I have an organic exam tomorrow I havenā€™t studied for so I shouldnā€™t spend my time on that

Iā€™m literally soooo good at tricking questions into being done when I donā€™t know the actual math. Itā€™s my #1 skill

the real reasoning is so much dumber. to be clear. and involves there being a pole at 1 and taking the limit of the rest of the function as it gets there

1 Like

oh i just guessed too
it wasnt the first two and 16 and 2 were too large/small respectively

1 Like

(thereā€™s also a pole at 3 but itā€™s outside the circle so you donā€™t care)

2 Likes

Donā€™t know what a pole is :)

itā€™s like a hole in the real plane. but itā€™s in the complex plane so itā€™s a pole

2 Likes

Again Iā€™m being tricked into taking the introductory complex analysis class soon but I havenā€™t taken it YET

iā€™m convinced the difficulty for this problem is just supposed to be that itā€™s late so you overthink it

3 Likes

aaaa

1 Like

oh ya i forget if i ever posted this but prolly not

listen you should do this on your own terms before getting an awkward call

I got a call twice

Youā€™re gonna be fine no matter what, the worst case scenario is still perfectly workable, you have enough savings that youā€™re not gonna be in immediate trouble, and there is nothing you can do now to change what has already been done

1 Like

You already missed the calls and youā€™re gonna say you were taking a test, problem solved, there is no immediate improvement that can be made. You can come back to it later

1 Like

At the end of the day if they fire me that just makes life difficult for them

1 Like

The hell is happening