24680th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

I transfered it nya

Machine spirit makes me think of WH40K now after playing Space Marine 2

1 Like

Litten needs to learn to cook, litten needs to deal with car problems, litten needs to get a new job. Litten is a little litten in life

2 Likes

yes because that’s where it originates from iirc

anyways orks clear whatever faction yall like

litten ignores the dashboard because of ADHD and ends up crashing his car. mental illness in this society truly is terrifying.

2 Likes

I get in the car and scream “MAKE ME PLAYSTATION 5. GIVE ME A PS5”

this is because i believe all machines are secretly run by little elves

3 Likes

This bait would only work on me if you were an unironic Imperium of Man defender and even then I wouldn’t argue that another army was better, I’d just make fun of you for being an Imperium defender

2 Likes

u say this like i never host games

1 Like

well tbf in my head the only thing you’ve actually designed is genie 13er which is. uh. very easy. i am wrong

that was a game
i am putting a “did you read the OP” check into this one bc of that game

1 Like

yea ok fair

bc
Youd think people would do that!
And yet at least 3 people didnt from my memory, probably more if i were to check

1 Like

tbh people should do that more [the warning]. very frequently i will host a game with like some pretty basic mech that affects the game a medium amount, and then on d1 like three people (in a 13p!) will ask why i announced something to do with that mechanic.

1 Like

this is a hypothetical but

y’know i hosted Jackal Returns on a discord server called discord mafia once
and i didn’t include a warning or a confirmation of reading the OP b/c their signups are automated

that game was a shitshow for mostly unrelated reasons but at least like 6 or 7 people (of the 20 players) got confused by the jackal, even on d3

luckily the coven recruit didn’t join coven chat and say “hey so my role is Recruited Poisoner. what does that mean”
but that’s like the worst-case scenario so

The op: “This game will be very swingy. Dont join if you wont enjoy that, and please dont blame the hosts for any decisions as theres likely more going on behind the scenes”

The player: “Wow, why the fuck did this happen! This must have happened instead! (Wrong assumption). I cant believe the hosts are stupid enough to do this. I’m gonna gamethrow now”

1 Like

generally it turns out better with vanilla-ish games even if they do have wacky mechanics
but like. if i actually hosted my game concept centered around events (kinda like need for speed FM but not really) then i think as soon as i post the first event on d1 like 5 people in thread would go “wait there’s events?”

1 Like

Another person

“What do you mean by I can make a wish? Can i do anything with that?”

See: the mechanic the entire setup is built around, present in the op

1 Like