24680th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

Important question since we are arguing with friends

What would you call a woman whos only into men and non-binary people

You wouldnt say she’s bisexual since iirc thats only if ur into men and women

And you cant say pansexual since she isnt into women

Would she technically be straight? Or is there another term

Thanks

1 Like

Anyway I know some of you here play Persona, and Metaphor Refantazio is literally fantasy Persona (Fersona if you will) and is really good

2 Likes

bisexual

in reality it just depends on what she wants to call herself. realistically if i were her i wouldd say straight but

1 Like

The closest common label would be bisexual, but I would just ask the women what label she used. There’s not really a universal/precise label though.

3 Likes

Intrresting

1 Like

Bisexual (instead of broader labels) is probably most useful as a sexuality attracted to multiple but not all genders and cares about or appreciate the differences between those genders. Polysexual also works but is sort of so vague as to be not useful.

Edit: meant to include that bisexuals regularly have a different definition than what I just gave. Bisexual in particular can really change depending on who you’re talking.

Edit 2: and by “most useful” I mean a definition that overlaps with neither pansexual or omnisexual, and accurately describes what a lot of people think of as bisexual. Like with any queer label though, no definition accurately describes all people who use it while excluding everyone who doesn’t.

5 Likes

sexuality is always a self-identification tho. like, obviously the point is that it means certain things, but these things should never be absolute. she can call herself bisexual if she wants! she can also call herself straight! these communicate different info. if she is very blatantly queer, or something, she would probably call herself bisexual, but not necessarily! and vice versa!

3 Likes

Its not a real person btw its a hypothetical scenario

We were talking about gay bars and i said asking someones sexuality is pointless since you already know theyd be into you but i forgot this sort of person could exist

1 Like

I’m not really sure if this hypothetical women would go to a gay bar with the intention of being hit on by men or being hit on at all, frankly lol

2 Likes

*exception: do not respect the homophobe who says his pronouns are the n word or something that’s obviously supposed to go “YOU SHOULD RESPECT MY PRONOUNS” “your pronouns are the fucking n word” “DON’T YOU SAY TO RESPECT ALL PRONOUNS?” they’re just trying to be transphobic.

and other such scenarios where they’re just blatantly lying to “make a point” or other bullshit (flashbacks to a random post written by a dad of someone who came out, and then the dad did ~basically that for several days to “dissuade them from being trans”. Like no you’re just being transphobic)

otherwise everyone is equally valid lmao

1 Like

Like if you went to a gay bar and someone asked you for sexuality would you go “bruh can you ask something interesting” or would you be interested in discussing it

Cause to me as a straight dude seems like an odd conversation topic like youd just go uh im bisexual or uh im gay

One or our friends went to a gay bar but he was bad at starting conversation and one of the suggstions was asking them what their sexual orientation is

2 Likes

Or is this soemthing youd bond over and discuss your struggles/experiences

If I was in a gay bar and a man asked me what my sexuality was, I would think he’s looking for bisexual women to hit on and be annoyed by it.

1 Like

this, on the surface, seems like it conflicts with “this is the way i am” but the truth is that

1. no one can know but you
  2. sexuality and gender are fake (as in, the binaries and labels we assign to them cannot possibly express all the varieties. therefore, just do what u like and want to do)
  3. do what you want to do

sexuality is especially like that because the rule is in effect “you will be attracted to who you are attracted to” and there’s just patterns with it depending on the person.
fake is also definitely not the way u should hprase it i just forgot mt better phrasing

2 Likes

Whst if a woman asked you

1 Like

I always say it’s good faith self-indentification

2 Likes

ye basically

I would probably also find it off-putting tbh. Like that’s the first thing out of her mouth? Unless the immediate follow-up was like “I just wanna make sure you’re not straight before I hit on you” I guess?

4 Likes

Haha i knew it

Thank you

2 Likes