6969th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

Keep in mind I also hate movies so I do not care very much about them

1 Like

oh yeah. it is what it is. i’m not unhappy with movies we have as they are. i was just thinking about an alternate universe for the sake of thinking / imagining for fun

1 Like

I think most fiction, even that which creators have full control over, ends up kinda weird and off and shallow [to me]. Like Really Makes You Think indie games and shit. Most things feel like mimicries of that which has come before them

1 Like

I need novelty all the time

1 Like

like undertale yellow…

1 Like

undertale fangames are notably the most novel genre of game

1 Like

I exactly did not play Undertale Yellow at first because its genre makes it really hard for it to be novel. But I played it, for the people

1 Like

and now we get to talk about how bad a mother ceroba is. gaming win

3 Likes

I don’t disagree, there is a saying that goes around that there are about 9 archetypes of plots for any type of fiction, and everything is just mimicing predecessors

(apologies for the patriarchal language, thats just what they call them)

• man vs man
  • man vs self
  • man vs nature
  • man vs society
  • man vs fate/god
  • man caught in the middle
  • male and female
  • man vs machine
  • man vs unknown

hm. i probably could have written person instead of man, it doesnt serve the point to be man specifically but im not bothering rn

I love books and things and such which feel like reports of a world rather than a plot. I like being in an environment

1 Like

yaoi

3 Likes

What did Atlas mean by this

1 Like

yaoi isnt any of those

3 Likes

maybe you don’t see yaoi as adversarial combat but it’s textbook man vs man to me

3 Likes

now that i look at it this is more so archetypes of conflict. so maybe i said the wrong thing. not archetypes of plots, but of conflicts. plots could probably use some different words. romance, as u just suggested

1 Like

If you take a broader sense of the word “vs”

1 Like

Strange thing to check cookie thread and see

3 Likes

Yaoi discussion is normal.

2 Likes

Yaio is man vs man? Does that mean the men are fighting at who’s better at Yaio?

3 Likes

how is man and woman an archetype of conflict

1 Like