Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

We just needed to counterclaim people. It was so funny

1 Like

i can see what u mean tho in the hands of a strong player

I just remembered eliza there used to be a role with an ability that was “vig 2 players and then yourself” and arcanist is just that but you have to die first

1 Like

yeah lol

I replaced that ability with a desperado and it’s still here god help us all

1 Like

Genuinely exquisite posting

1 Like

But then you voted preservatively at the end because I wouldn’t. Such cowardice…

1 Like

Eliza i removed it because i saw a comment somewhere calling it negative utility

1 Like

I also found in the archives that Margaret randed the role once so

1 Like

The mafia rolecop counterclaim…

This is N1 material

i know
you told me it was always -EV unless you hit exactly two scum

I am so glad arcanist is such a useful role

1 Like

The Homeowner’s Association disbanded over a civil dispute in the time since then, you might be disappointed to hear.

2 Likes

Not every single arcanist player either endgaming or being voted out

1 Like

it’s really hard to evaluate balance wise. in a big game, there aren’t clear targets. if it’s a villager, it’s even harder and you’re just asking for them to get flamed post-game because they doused a player who turned out to be town leader 3 days later or whatever and it fucked the game for the village. if it’s a wolf role, the best case scenario for the wolves is the game gets to a point where their partner is lolcatting to try to die for the win. And it doesn’t even matter unless there’s a firefighter going nuts because the village can make no good decision in that game state. If too many of the douses are dying or had to be killed because of powerful claims, they have a KP role that is killing less than it should for the phases its been alive, and has to die to get any of them off. there’s a very narrow band of “kills the right amount of people at the right time and hasn’t warped the game”. In a non-mash context, the evaluation is totally different, but I’m specifically talking about for an 80 player role madness game with a lot of zany mechanics and death.

1 Like

ah

that’s fair

i can kinda see a strong player going “fuck you wolves try and kill me NOW”
but thats not any stronger than a default bulletproof so

i agree that wolf death arsonists tend to be bad tho lol