About the Rules & Moderation category

oh i refuse to memorize digits of pi

i have like. i wanna say 15? and i feel like you donā€™t need more than that to measure the sunā€™s radius and circumference within like an atom

I also did that, itā€™s just weird to remember chunks of two different numbers without scrambling them a bit.

1. 1415 926 535 8 979 323 84 626 433
1 Like

isnt it 3.149

nope

ā€¦no
is this why your memory club coordinates were wrong

that being said the shower curtain at my house is. just possibly up to a thousand digits of pi. so if i ever need a reference iā€™ll just go to my house

3 Likes

I never got past that, after I turned like 11 I started storing difits of pi in a read only part of my memory and have never been able to add more because Iā€™m so used to reciting the ones I knew

no they were right

indian ocean. we meet there

We had a world map (no south sudan) and a periodic table

byeh

I learned, like, 11 digits of pi a long time ago
and then for a pi day competition I learned a bit over 70 total, which I then forgot afterwards :joy_cat:

2 Likes

itā€™s literally this. at one point i knew how many digits there were, itā€™s not too hard of a multiplication problem, but i forgot and i donā€™t feel like counting allat
51siwg8+E1L

3 Likes

also this image is too crusty for you to try

isnt the multiplication problem just length times width

ow i cut right above my chin

also in elementary school I memorized a bunch of powers of 2
at one point I had all of them from 2^0 to 2^25
IDRM if I used any memory strategies for this tho

yes but you have to count the length. and count the width. and account for the logo thatā€™s removing a few digits from the bottom row

1 Like

itā€™s not hard itā€™s just tedious and i donā€™t wanna do it

probably spaced repetition (accidentally)

not that thatā€™s useful for a one-off thing like walking across the room while keeping some numbers in your head
but it helps a lot for, like, longer-term things