About the Rules & Moderation category

oh, spaced repetition! like the thing anki, the carding service used by quizbowlers and med students alike, does!

2 Likes

(for the record i don’t card, my studying method is compulsively reading packets as soon as they show up on the database)

1 Like

Med students are all on some bizarre self torture shit and that’s coming from me

2 Likes

Do something easier dumbasses

NYAAAA have you seen that ChubbyEmu video where he just recites the medical dictionary
actually insane

Nope nya but that does sound insane

1 Like

i’ve played sets where i can just tell a med student wrote a lot of the bio. usually because it’s a lot of human bio/biochem and because it’s consistently harder than the rest of the set

1 Like

I hate not knowing more than people so med students upset me

photographic memory…

That’s why I take math classes

zug just said he knew 2^25 when he was like 6 i dont even know that now

1 Like

i think i just learned 2^25 for the first time when i looked it up right now

…it has now come to my attention that this video is now unlisted, and it was made on april fools
:joy_cat:

2 Likes

I have 2^25 in a personal email address so nya I can never forget that one now

2 Likes

The concept of the photographic memory as like an object. As a thing separate from normal human processes of memory you know for sure if you have or not. It feels very pilled of… psychology systems, like, the idea that you can sort and categorise people’s brains in a very discrete way with terms that prescribe categories rather than describe them. Which is a thing I thought a lot of as a kid and which I think very little of now

1 Like

Like when I was a kid for example I understood a distinction between “insomnia” and “trouble sleeping”. “Insomnia” was a medical condition, and it was totally separate from what I experienced, because I’d definitely knew if I had the medical condition insomnia (which was something other people had and not me). It was an object with a single cause that could be medicated. Certainly not cured with behaviour adjustments

1 Like

:x:
it’s 8 digits

it’s also very nice! 33554432 allows chunking into 4-5 separate sections!

click on the reply!!

wdym