About the Rules & Moderation category

1 Like

And I felt super similarly about a lot of mental illnesses and illnesses in general which is something Iā€™ve been trying to uproot. Problems wre very real but theyā€™re not discrete objects and terms for them are descriptions of clustered symptoms not necessarily of a single thing. Like I didnā€™t think I could have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome despite being chronically fatigued becauseā€¦ ā€œidk thatā€™s a Syndrome they have to Test you for right?ā€ But it isnā€™t, itā€™s just a descriptor of clustered symptoms with VERY VARIABLE CAUSES. Not every medical problem is like a bacterial infection you canā€™t always class the Thing It Is

1 Like

oh
I probably did click on the reply (I usually do..) and then misread it :joy_cat:

1 Like

So whenever I see like a medical Object with fuzzy boundaries and no clear cause thatā€™s super cemented in like culture. Like The Photographic Memory. I tend to question that these days. Thereā€™s much to question

1 Like

Itā€™s important to me itā€™s something I care about a lot. Because I always ignored all those symptoms as a kid because I thought Iā€™d just know if I had ā€œinsomniaā€ or ā€œchronic fatigueā€ or whatever. But theyā€™re super vague things! Obviously thereā€™s plenty of Specific medical ailments out there, many many of them, but not all of them. Canā€™t paint them all with the same brush

1 Like

May tangent now over. How come people call my monologues nbowesque this is how my nature isā€¦

1 Like

nyaaaaaaaaaaa I can see the resemblance, now that you mention it

1 Like

was the ā€˜May help anonymousā€™ thread title Blue's Cluesā€™d because it could be seen somewhere

1 Like

AAAAAAAAAA I forgot it would happen this time

1 Like

non photographic memoryā€¦

2 Likes

TRUE

Nyaaaaaaa

Nyaaaa

1 Like

This gouda is better than I remembered I think I was just expecting traitor joeā€™s but it isnā€™t that

Iā€™m so jealous of people who can learn things by being guided through them. Iā€™m watching cookie thread conversation right now and Iā€™be realised Iā€™ve essentially never been able to properly engage with somebody trying to teach me something

Iā€™m too stubborn and all my embarrassment circuits turn on too fast and I just nod through any explanation so I can go google all my questions. Like Iā€™ve tried being the kind of guy who asks questions in class to make professors like me more but I genuinely donā€™t have the ability my brain doesnā€™t generate the questions

nyaaaaa Iā€™m the opposite
I used to ask too many questions and the professors would have to be like ā€œok Zug you canā€™t ask this many questions it takes too much timeā€

1 Like

It either tries to generate an explanation or saves it to a mental space to look up later and I canā€™t access it to fucking ask the question. Sometimes I get one but Iā€™m always like ā€œwell this is so natural a question that surely the professor is about to explain it soonā€

1 Like

With our powers combined we can be normal

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never been to office hours ever. Most lectures I canā€™t even learn from. I need text and I need google to answer my follow-up questions

1 Like