About the Rules & Moderation category

Anyo…

My thought on Undertale Yellow’s writing so far is “you are not Toby Fox, you are clearly trying to BE Toby Fox, you are noticeably not him, stop it”

yeah there are times where it feels like “damn this actually feels like a worthy prequel to undertale” and other times where it doesn’t. maybe near the ending it’ll start to feel more worthy or maybe you’ll just have that feeling even more. who can say!

1 Like

by the way are you going neutral first

It’s not even the, like, important things that make me feel it hte strongest, there haven’t been that many, like, long scenes of dialogue to even critique in this way. The little quips are all off… uninspired…

I’ve just been going pacifist because that’s m y natural instinct in under tale

1 Like

a lot of people say you should do neutral first categorically. i disagree, i think you can do true pacifist before neutral if you feel like it. but definitely do neutral before geno (if you ever feel like doing geno, because geno’s fucking hard)

1 Like

Even the dialogue trees to spare enemies feel a bit off. Like. That’s natural, it’s a fan project, it wasn’t made by the same person so they won’t mimic the style perfectly. But it just drives me a little crazy

I think it specifically drives me a little crazy in the context of having played Deltarune, which is also kind of a “successor” (the kinship tree is weird here) to Undertale, which sort of. Builds on Undertale. Is clearly a response to Undertale. While this, even when it does get the style right, is trying to be a copy of Undertale

did you meet the guy yet

If I find one thing I really want to kill then I’ll kill it. For you

Probably not

1 Like

Oh and the character designs are just a little too appealing. It’s uncomfortable

1 Like

Not in the way people usually mean when they say that sentence, it just feels like they’re kinda “overdesigned” and “underdesigned” at the same time

the undertale monsters look actually off

undyne is a bald one eyed fish lady

they just look like standard furry designs in uty

1 Like

Yeah

if you get to that one enemy and are absolutely lost on how to spare it, you’re not alone. feel free to kill it for me

I had Undyne avatar for a little while when I was a kid

1 Like

Am I Undyne avatar.

not really

1 Like