About the Rules & Moderation category

Like, I didn’t actually believe any of them worked, it was more about, like. The experience of pretending. It only works for beautiful things, because only they incite the superstition feeling.

1 Like

I didn’t THINK the flowers would make me immortal but I enjoyed doing something in the pursuit of immortality y’know

1 Like

i think the fact you can’t figure out whether or not i’m in a cult unless you look very hard is beautiful

1 Like

It’s about the process not hte results

1 Like

Class today. Somebody asks the professor whether a particular theorem is proven. He responds “when somebody tells you sometthing, like say [squeaky voice] ‘I love you’, that may or may not be true. It may be an attempt at manipulation, or the result of the influence of drugs. But a theorem, that’s proven. You know that’s true.”

This isn’t funny enough for the cookie thread but I will post it here.

1 Like

I feel like he could’ve just said the last two sentences but this does get the point home better.

tbf i’m pretty sure there are theorems that were the result of the influence of drugs

1 Like

also they called it fermat’s last theorem before they actually proved it (technically incorrect but introduces ambiguity in the usage of the word theorem such that “is this theorem proven” becomes a well-formed question)

1 Like

I had literally the exact line of thought as I was there re: that one counterexample that makes the question technically not stupid

brb testing your hypothesis

1 Like

you’re gonna give up the game

1 Like

the best part of being in a super secret headquarters is being incredibly obvious about it

2 Likes

Whas the point of having a secret head quarters if you don’t flaunt it?

1 Like

it’s not like we will shame you for an unfunny post (we do that on a private group message without you)

No, you do it in a private group message with me.

wasn’t that good of a post tbh. why did you post it in cookie thread

1 Like

I almost quoted the post but I forgot that ruins the sanctity of the secret headquarters and would be really embarrassing to accidentally do

damn may posted something unfunny in cookie thread and got owned for it. wish he had the judgement to post it somewhere else

1 Like

You know you all have to help me, so my emotional distress is everybody’s fucking problem

2 Likes

i thought we were getting paid just for showing up!

1 Like

how much does lilith know about this thread

1 Like