An Attempt at a Sorc17er - Signups (FULL)

I’m not convinced diabolist novomane wasn’t a mistake

This may be because I have not been able to playtest it

1 Like

Legion

1 Like

in UFB it is a mistake

yeah I mean I don’t think it’s Impossible for good homebrew characters to exist but I’ve seen a lot of bad ones (tbf there are also some bad official ones), and nearly no one is good enough at character + script design to put together an entire script full of nothing but homebrew characters. I probably wouldn’t automatically rule out joining a BotC game solely for having a couple homebrew characters but I’d be very reluctant to join anything primarily or exclusively homebrew.

1 Like

Who knew that a demon that only really ever loses if you find out it’s in play

Is a mistake in a script with 50+ possible demons

2 Likes

i introduced a new kind of jinx specifically to combat diabolist

1. Some characters may not work particularly well in Ultra Fishbucket, even if they work well on their home script. Therefore, certain characters may be jinxed with Ultra Fishbucket. This modifies their ability in such a way that makes it compatible with Ultra Fishbucket. For example, the Diabolist is jinxed with Ultra Fishbucket to say “The Diabolist may not enter play after setup.” Such jinxes are far and few between.

CRUEL and UNREASONABLE moderator THREATENS MONTH BAN as a JOKE

2 Likes

Magnus delenda est

I don’t feel like learning botc design it’s not gratifying

1 Like

I mean tbf the only homebrew I’ve even been considering nowadays is just
Running some of ici’s characters which are literally made to be paired with vanilla

1 Like

Yes I can imagine.
:wowee:

in terms of Actually Tolerable Custom Mechanics the thing the early BotFs did where there was a homebrew fabled that made an extra player drunk seems fine (for some longform scripts, though not all longform scripts need that) and there are probably other acceptable homebrew changes to avoid the game being “mechlocked unless good seriously fucked up”

1 Like

Fair enough

But also I get to be a complete dumbass with design and make it look good

1 Like

It is decided

I will rerun botf IV

2 Likes

It’s like
You know how mad17 is a cruel mockery of actual rolemadness games with its intention to be balanced causing it to fail in actually emulating that kind of setup?

1 Like

Time to trawl legacy FoL for BoTF IV.

1 Like

be sure to keep the feature where all the characters are renamed after FoLers

1 Like

It’s the one where N tried to run a bunch of unreleased characters and ran most of them improperly, and also didn’t really care for balancing the script

2 Likes

Imagine that but with actual complex roles
It’s not a surprise that a lot of the roles don’t fucking do anything past night 1

1 Like