BoTF XIX: Fall of Rome 4 + 4 Travelers Night Six Thread Closed

we can exile and vote for execution
exile is different

1 Like

I think it’s just a crassus game

1 Like

Some of the cards’ compositions are really good to avoid it and some are not

Like this is a prime example of diagonalitis, they want to show her whole outfit in the card and it has to be so so diagonal to do that. Some of it’s obviously stylistic like it’s meant to hurt your eyes a bit and it looks Cool but it’s still very distinctly affected by the aspect ratio

This is also pretty extreme diagonalitis, it looks like they just drew the art straight and then tilted it to fit into frame. Pretty card but sooo diagonal

But the posing in, like, these ones he showed me… they don’t look super distinctly diagonal, just, you know, in motion. It feels like they really got the hang of the composition here, y’know?

Or this one, which is like, mid-tier diagonalitis. It’s still distinctly diagonal, but the composition feels more natural than a lot of the extreme cases.

1 Like

And I just think that’s really like. Interesting as a way of how the limitations of the medium affect the way the art turned out. He said that older cards tend to have more diagonalitis, that they generally got, like… better at figuring out how to work with the horizontal limitation, which is super cool. I used to make skins for a petsite I love thinking about how to work around arbitrary rules to make your art look good

1 Like

The nene beach card doesn’t feel like diagonalitis due to a limitation but rather a stylistic choice because if they put her normally on the card she definitely still would have fit

1 Like

Yeah it feels really intentional, and probably was. Like, I wouldn’t go “wow why this is diagonal” if I saw this outside the context, I would go “sick ass camera angle”

“sick-ass camera angle”, not “sick ass-camera-angle”. To be clear

why did you feel the need to specify

1 Like

If guava is bad omen, jarek would have to be hanmibal, which is impossible, cuz apo confirms it

It was unclear

so what ur saying is we can cross off jarek from the demon candidates

purhaps

If Guava’s not Bad Omen or Hannibal, then it’s confirmed to be a Crassus game, because Magnus got the Physician ability and learned Crassus

1 Like

Unless magnus is trolling us

i do not think guava has claimed hannibal so scratch that

Unless Magnus is trolling us.

was magnus ever confirmed good btw :skull:

No but they got the temptress and used it on Silviu and themselves

Couldn’t they just be lying about that?

Silvia claimed tempted