BOTF XXI: Unkindness, Murder and Storytelling Main Thread GAME OVER

I injure myself surprisingly little

1 Like

Have you ever broken a bone?

You’re the second most ill person I know.

2 Likes

Nope.

Yeah, but that’s not an injury. It wasn’t caused by any incident, just genetics. If walking and climbing and running and driving and such all hurt you very badly, then you don’t get into situations where you injure yourself.

I’ve been to the hospital not-for-a-scheduled-appointment once. I was a small child and I jumped into a doorjam and needed staples on my head.

People try to take me to the hospital when I am ill but it’s not like hte hospital can do shit. They can give me saline to temporarily increase my blood volume I suppose? That’s supposed to help. But if I have low blood volume hten I feel like garbage and the last thing I want to do is go to the hospital I just lie down and drink water

Do you have any scars from childhood?

I have a scar on the my left leg, on the, like, inner knee, from a loose staple that cut me while I was sitting wrong on an armchair. I used to have a scar on my left palm from when I fell off my bike and a rock stabbed my hand, but it faded. I have a few scars on my knees from god-knows-what, probably also rocks after falling off my bike. That’s it.

1 Like

You have more scars than I do, at least.

1 Like

How little did you go outside that I’ve got you beat? Maybe you were just more cautious.

I just make sure to keep relatively fit.

1 Like

Surely you fell off things. Everyone falls off things

Even I got stuck in trees and the like.

I have exactly one scar. Any of my other injuries healed cleanly, which is nothing less than miraculous.

1 Like

Oh, so you’re just lucky. I see how it is.

1 Like

At one school I went to, they freely let us climb trees at recess. It was great. I got stuck ALL THE TIME

1 Like

My luck is just whatever’s funniest.
That one scar is pretty bad.

1 Like

They didn’t let us climb trees. We did anyway.

2 Likes

You just sound incautious.

1 Like

None of the other schools had climbable trees, it was all pines back there. We had a whole thing regarding collecting sap from them, though, and making it into glue. I forget why.

Has anything about me ever led you to believe I’m anything but incautious?