Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

It was tried in dr2 but the execution was horrible

1 Like

i kinda dislike this, but its hard to see a replacement
i feel like the concept of doing this thing to get a reward ignores the thing thats supposed to be fun, doing this thing
it probably varies on how strong the items are, the stronger the worse it is, but
that’s probably a personal nitpick on something that requires a major psychological reading into to find a suitable alternative

i feel like this could be changed by making “exploration and puzzles” their own meaningful progress, in comparsion to the game being centered around the sole goal that the hosts shovel the player into “kill these losers to stop playing the game”, which
is obviously fundemantly flawed because people usually, app and some others excluded, are more focused on “playing” then “winning”
i think it was discussed making the players join the hostteam after they’re out the of game

but

thats both a lot of new hands that have no idea what they’re doing, how to interact and host without thorough teaching without a host teaching them, which you might just dedicate that time to hosting, and is just generally confusing to the players, who have a random chance of enjoying the host they get or not

make this harder, instead of making murder “easier”, in my opinion
if murder is just made more “simple”, the obvious problem lies
if murder is made more “easy”, people are gonna get mad, i.e strong items
making better maps filled with a large amount of stuff to “assassinate creatively with”, while probably requiring more critical thinking skills from the participant’s, makes it easier then just deducing peoples alibis and finding who has nothing, such as timed traps

this is probably the simplest and easy to think of solution, but i’m sure theres more ways to do it then just that

note: not poison. no. bad. put an axe and have the rope burn down to swing someones head off or something

So I wanted to ask, how much do you like host intervention to assure that the crime doesn’t get discovered instantly? You know, like how we do it over my site.

um
it should be done before the crime is commited rather then after, if possible?

And do you approve of the system that relies on needing to discover parts of the murder plan? Besides the obvious whodunnit?

i disapprove of it, because it feels like giving clues to an already winning side, while giving a primary point of deduction away “what is relevant”, by just telling the players what is, or leading them to discover what is via host guidance in comparsion to just

normally
it takes away the detective feeling, i’d think, just giving people a chore list

What happened

especially the fact that the “difficulty” range is obviously just a major clue

It might cause alot of unfamiliarity issues here because my site works fundamentally different.

But for the Murder Plan discovering deduction. What I mean here is to make it broader and you can always do red herring questions which still give the whiteneds points. It’s not literally holding the hand of the whitened.

it objectively is, at least the difficulty range objectively is
and its definitely something that can be wotm’d which is just
not fun

i was a wildcard pretty much

i had to kill myself and someone else

dr3 was actually like the first ever misc and additionally the first ever game i actually joined and played in iirc

i had no idea how to exist with my rand bc ive been in dr kgrps but those are more roleplay based than actually skill based

1 Like

so i told like. 3 people

admittedly one of them was the mastermind but like

1 Like

You’re just a hater! blows raspberry

and this level of host intervention is

not something i like. the murderer should be the one doing this

Oh my god, YOU got that rolecard?

2 Likes

it was weird that although someone knew my wincon directly they like. didnt seem to ? say anything about it

in dr3 yes

I happened to read the rolecards a bit. Is it the same game where a participant had a snowboard?

1 Like

i forgor

1 Like