Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

okay to be fair this is not just a Japanese problem

2 Likes

ok but im talking about where they could’ve made it so there was just. a murderer among them, who they don’t need to find, which isn’t technically a korekiyo thing. but also i liked korekiyo’s concept until that

1 Like

disclaimer ive never played dr but i know the plot

1 Like

This is true

1 Like

vilifying the mentally ill is easy and non-horrifying to the majority of the fan-base

1 Like

during the Chicago Meetup we were watching bad whodunnits

the second one we watched, after the opening scene (+ the title) I was internally like ‘hmm, I wonder if this is going to be setting things up to be about a plural system with a serial killer alter’

and then I was like ‘nah, what are the odds, it’ll probably be fine’

and then it turned out to be about a plural system with a serial killer alter

1 Like

real

I don’t believe in making mentally ill characters villains, at least in traditional archetypes

1 Like

v3’s chapter 3 was the epitome of wasted potential.

2 Likes

remember how mikan was also clearly mentally ill and then they made her a killer with the worst motive in the series and didn’t elaborate until the end (and even then they didn’t actually elaborate you still had to consciously think about it and put two and two together)

1 Like

yeah

This does not significantly reduce the design space you have for making villains

1 Like

You just need to work harder to make your villain function

1 Like
Summary

Isnt that just all chapter 3’s

chapter 3 was rushed, they didn’t establish even a murder weapon

1 Like
Summary

> implying that 2-3 had potential to waste

1 Like
Summary

Hiyoko hundred percent could have had a character arch XD

1 Like

unironically you could go somewhere with the despair disease for as silly of a motive as it is. instead of just pulling the remembering disease out of their ass purely to serve as clumsy foreshadowing for the final twist

1 Like

dr2

The Remnants of Despair were thematically devoid of interesting material to do anything with. It’s All The Joker From Batman But Less Interesting Somehow

3 Likes

mikan isn’t even particularly forgetful? like if they were forgetful the remembering disease would at least make some modicum of sense. but then she wouldn’t be a very good nurse so idk

1 Like