Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

No it isn’t.

I may have been kidding when I said it.

1 Like

Oh gotcha, sorry. Sometimes it’s hard to tell.

Next BOTF should be Fall of Rome - The Sequel.

hi cookie thread

1 Like

hi cookie thread

2 Likes

Hey cookie thread gambling is awesome and you should do gambling

1 Like

may which mahjong girl is that

Riichi, the titular mechanic of riichi mahjong, is a bet that allows you to increase the value of your hand greatly (provided you actually win), in exchange for 1. a point bet 2. giving up the ability to modify the tiles you’re waiting on and 3. giving up the ability to play defensively. This is very dangerous, as it grea

… Kaguyahime

may…

1 Like

tly increases the chances of dealing in to someone else’s hand and losing points, but it can pay off, not only because of the base 1 han increase in value, but also because of ura dora.

In each round of riichi mahjong, certain tiles are set aside as “dora indicators” - they indicate certain tiles to be worth bonus points for the following round. Many higher-scoring hands are built on the back of dora. It’s also possible, through gameplay, to reveal additional dora indicators, increasing the stakes of the hand: this is risky, similar to riichi, because if you don’t win the hand, that’s potential bonus points for your opponent.

Final mechanic: underneath the normal indicators are hidden, additional dora indicators you may only reveal if you call riichi and win. This means any hand in which you call riichi is a bit of an ura dora blind box: tiles in your hand could be bonus points, but you’ll only know this if you win.

Putting this all together, in this hand, I called riichi for a relatively low-scoring hand (pretty risky), called kan to reveal an extra dora indicator (pretty risky), got nothing visible from it… and then when I won, turns out that the extra ura dora I revealed by calling kan there made my green dragons, which I had four of, bonus points, during my stupid bet on a low-value hand into a Massive Payoff

you should teach a class

1 Like

People did vote to have teaching nights for existing game night games. And they mean mahjong because everyone knows how to play Among Us and Super Auto Pets

1 Like

“I would go to school if” meme but with mahjong and may is the teacher

1 Like

do you think I should attend

1 Like

5 Likes

Yeas (it’s not scheduled yet though and IDK when I’ll be able to host)

i find it funny how i made a big show of teaching may poker and it only took me like two paragraphs
and then may explains a single mahjong mechanic and it’s a 20 page finals thesis

2 Likes

FANTASTIC POSWTING