Cookie Thread Act 2: Silksong

I’ve learned chess at such a rapid rate solely because I’m insanely good at muscle memory, absorbing stuff from videos, etc

Just from watching the rules I don’t see much strategy? Unless I’m wrong. Is it not like Uno?

1 Like

despite having 0 mahjong experience marissa completely destroyed may in a 1v1

2 Likes

Oh

Is it luck not skill?

You get a hand. Like in poker. 14 tiles. You want to sort those tiles into four sets of three (“melds”) and a pair - a meld is either three identical tiles, or a run of three consecutive numbers in the same suit (e.g. 1-2-3)

Each turn you draw one tile, discard one tile. Slowly you build up to get your valid winning hand. First one to get a winning hand, well, wins

1 Like

allegations of third party software are irrelevant

2 Likes

She was using cheats

1 Like

May that’s embarrassing please take a hobby like chess where a beginner can’t embarrass you like that

2 Likes

maybe you should have tried winning

2 Likes

Yeah, so the only skill-based decision you make is choosing which tile to discard, right?

1 Like

Luck is a skill

1 Like

Wins the hand - you play 4 hands in a round, and winning hands are worth a certain number of points. Most points at the end wins.

1 Like

no there’s actually more than that

1 Like

There are other rules.

What if my luck fluctuates on whatever is funniest?

1 Like

I was winning until like the last hand

discarding tiles often opens the opportunity for other players to steal those tiles, which is also entirely optional

1 Like

Luck is a sin.

Luck stat is still skill