this is how it feels when you guys talk about rules in mahjong

2 Likes

HI ATLAS

Atlas do you like firm or soft pillows

oh
i was wondering why i was so confused when you showed up
happy birthday

1 Like

Yeah, you have to maximise the number of tiles thatā€™ll progress your hand (ā€œtile acceptanceā€). Like, if you have a 4-5 and a 1-2, you want to keep the 4-5 around, because it makes a run with a 3 or 6 while the 1-2 only does so with a 3. If you have a 5 and a 9, you discard the 9 first. And then thereā€™s yaku (essentially the scoring system, what makes some hands worth more or fewer points) but again thatā€™s riichihead shit you donā€™t need to worry about starting out

1 Like

Oh happy birthday Mangos! :heart:

its october 12th
i was hoping to remember before someone told me

I was watching a show and

Fuck

I donā€™t see a cake this is rigged

firm for sitting up
soft for sleeping

1 Like

This commonly happens when one is watching a show

1 Like

Does the cake only show up based off timezones

3 Likes

Interesting. Is it due to timezones? Does that mean Atlas is european?

1 Like

the thing you need to understand is that mahjong is bullshit but not becasuse itā€™s luck based. the luck is fairly easy to cope with actually. itā€™s everything else that is the problem

3 Likes

(note i really like mahjong itā€™s fun. i also acknowledge that itā€™s an evil twisted cycle path of a game)

1 Like

Iā€™ve recently got to 1700 in bullet chess today despite being stuck at 1600 and I have no idea how I gained 100 points

I think other people got worse because I didnā€™t change anything lmao

1 Like

mahjong is not luck based its spirit based. if you can stay in the same room as the mahjong you will win more than the person who left 30 minutes ago because they didnt want to play mahjong

2 Likes