Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

“Generally reliable and trustworthy.”
So I can get more out of it than they can.

Equally as likely to actually repay it as you are. No material difference betweeb the two scenarios

If you don’t repay then your favourguy doesn’t either causw it’s in the magical land of scenarios

I mean I basically have the same answer I can’t complain. Generally, when you do someone a favour, you help them more than yoy inconvenience yourself. That’s how favours work.

Even disregarding that, if I get the same materially out of either arrangement, it’s more comforting knowing that if I actually had some Crisis I could have more than nothinf to fall back on. If I end up really needing something. Whereas somebody is less likely to ask back such a favour at a time where I’m in a bad state.

And absent EVEN THAT, I like having connections to people. I like owing people and having them owe me. Makes me feel more like a person in this world rather than some kind of interesting object. That is why I made the poll

3 Likes

So is it like a percentage chance, where I can flip a coin and then so will they, and only one of us gets a favour?

No, like, May’s covering for the possibility of you doing an unrequited favor.

1 Like

It’s a “we’re doing some handwavey logic because the interest in the question’s premise is not in its literalities but in its principle” situation. I suppose the underlying question is more “do you like having mutual debts with others (in the way I do)”

If you can just exploit the other person that’s a boring question. If there’s some material benefit to one over the other it’s a boring question. This is an All Othwr Things Being Equal

I don’t think I’ve framed it in best way but it is what it is

100% no debts

1 Like

I hate owing people anything

2 Likes

I have no qualms with having people owe me, I love it personally, but owing something means they can hold it over my head against me, so I dont love owing ppl anything. That plus I hate asking for help ever, so the only real solution is never asking for favors

1 Like

I think I often like the idea of owing people more than I like it in practice. I’m prideful and don’t like being helped. But I definitely like the feeling of being helpful

1 Like

I’m so so bad at asking for help

1 Like

But if I can do something for somebody that’s awesome. I love having things people need

1 Like

this just showed up in my recommended i think it’s an omen

8 Likes

Tomorrow.

This has 310 views why are you being recommended it

1 Like

Are you in need

3 Likes

Today my Splatoon teammate and good friend was like hey May can I ask you a weird question and I love answering weird questions so I say Sure and then they hit me with

“Do you actually like playing mafia???”

Couldn’t answer

3 Likes