Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

in my head Belgium was up near where that little part of Russia that borders Poland and Lithuania is (I wasn’t thinking enough about country borders to realize why this obviously made no sense)

also, TIL about the little part of Russia that borders Poland and Lithuania

3 Likes

you’re thinking of belarus prolly

2 Likes

That explains the napoleon invasion of Bulgaria and then of Russia…

2 Likes

did you not hear czechia annexed it? it’s kralovec now

4 Likes

no apparently it’s called the “Kaliningrad Oblast”?

1 Like

right but I mean I assume that’s why you were placing a B country in that vicinity in your head

pop off
have wonderful fortune

3 Likes

Regular day America

also re:kaliningrad - used to be called Königsberg, if that helps you any

not really, I had heard the word “Kaliningrad” before but I thought it was just like a random city in Russia

it ends in -grad!

1 Like

Belgrad?

Don’t worry.
Europeans in exchange can’t place where more states of America are… (I know only where Texas and New York are. The first one, cause it has a unique and memorable shape and the other, cuz it is related to my job.)

1 Like

I can’t tell Arkansas and Kansas apart.

here I am labelling a blank map of Europe on Sporcle (disclaimer that (1) I just looked at a map of Europe and (2) some of these I only got by PoE (e.g. I had Norway and Finland backwards, so I was able to get Norway after missing Finland, but not because I knew which one was Norway))

4 Likes

as in, it gave me a country and I clicked where I thought it was, not vice versa

The countries marked in red is those that you couldn’t guess? takes offense in not correctly guessing Moldova

pronounced completely differently btw :)

1 Like

yeah, red is wrong, green is correct

frankly I’ve heard Königsberg way more than Kaliningrad lel