Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

and also given the fact china has nukes this is a very easy decision

extremely silly analogy:

lots of people, consciously or subconsciously, make decisions in mafia games (as town) based on how much responsibility they’ll feel. this is silly! going along with consensus is just as much of a choice as fighting it, non-voting in Clocktower is just as much of a choice as voting, etc. if you’re just trying to avoid responsibility, it will make you a worse player on average (unless you really suck I guess)

likewise, if you’re just trying to avoid taking any actions that you’ll feel Responsible for, you haven’t actually avoided moral culpability

2 Likes

unless, of course, you want to send the planet into a nuclear winter

Hmm. I wonder who that’s for

1 Like

point is it was just an example

this but I also consciously make decisions as town based on how much responsibility thread will assign me if i’m wrong

if you want other disses on utilitarianism, there’s the mere addition paradox, where for any population there’s a population with more people where each one is less happy (by virtue of overpopulation consequences) but net happiness is higher due to the sheer increase in people

1 Like

wait what did i do

1 Like

I loathe utilitarianism with a passion
Individual lives vary wildly in value

I could do utilitarianism with respect to level of resolve or intensity, but never population

1 Like

obviously from a utilitarian perspective we should bring this into being

jesus christ this is brutal

i love it

2 Likes

idk im mean and evil and ur happy go lucky uwu :blush: tutuu anime girl

2 Likes

Yea, some ppl are just inherently worth more then others

2 Likes

Like May

6 Likes

it does make sense