Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

strictly utilitywise no. but eventually you do hit a hard cap on how many people exist. and trying to “help” any more of that while hurting more is strictly lower util than a worse option

1 Like

:ghost:

1 Like

bad question

the terms are far too broad to make na actual informed decision on whether it is moral
“help” could be like give them $10 and hurt could be like kill their family or smthn

3 Likes

What Is She Cooking

1 Like

i dont think it makes a difference. i thought the question would ask me whether or not the whole thing is moral in the first place but its not asking me that at all

tru

1 Like

yeah

the question is a blob of text i agree

1 Like

it doesn’t matter in the sense that the answer is the same either way, but the more people are involved the worse it is to not help the people

4 Likes

No matter how much you don’t care or convince yourself you don’t carw about pain, eventually your body will physically give out

1 Like

this is somehow both incredibly singeresque and not singeresque at all

1 Like

the more people are involved the more likely one of them is to be disabled

1 Like

That’s literally irrelevant. It’s just asking if the scale changes things

1 Like

Let’s uh, make the questiob better.
Assume that helping people means disabled people can walk, while the hurt people can no longer walk.

1 Like

Like it’s very possible that the 10k could be more valuable to me than the 100k but I don’t know. I will never make a decision based on population alone. Not even a billion to one

2 Likes

i dont see how its irrelevant? if the hurt is like “people are seveerly distraught by what happens” i would probably say no, if the hurt is like “they are inconvienced or things arent optimal but they’ll be fine” i’d probably say yes

literally haven’t read a word in this conversation since the trolley was mentioned

3 Likes

this makes it harder

1 Like

“Is it equally as bad to give 10 people $10 and kill 1 person’s family as it is to give 100,000 people $10 and kill 10,000 people’s family” and you can sub in whatever extrema you want

1 Like