Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

good

2 Likes

whats urs?

I did not know that I needed a gray essay on public defending from Florida

2 Likes

Ive found it a bit overbearing tbh. When every scene is some gruesome sex shit its stops being shocking.

“Hey look at this new superhero, guess what their secret is? Thats right, theyre a pervert just like the last 15 episode-of-the-week heroes we introduced.”

1 Like

again u just gotta come to americaland. in bulgaria u are just another hand to work on the farms. in america u are a tall, mysterious foreigner with a ‘russian’ accent. got a bigger pool over here

2 Likes

yeah it fell off really hard this season imho lol

Haven’t watched The Boys, but I caught up with House of the Dragon yesterday. Banger show.

1 Like

I’ve heard the same thing (hasn’t watched a single episode of the show)

1 Like

i agree. i think season 4 dropped in quality

i dont mind the uncomfortable scenes, my issues are (spoilers)

Summary

homelander is useless. they made him threatening before. anyone could die at any time. now he could easily kill all the boys but they aren’t writing it for the plot. even if it doesnt make sense. its like they’re slapping each other with pillows

also, million people die at vought every day. somehow they cover all that up. but they can’t cover up after killing the boys? so homelander has to keep tolerating them?

1 Like

hey ash if you were to describe yourself as a music genre what would you put

Have you all heard of this show called Dream of the Red Chamber? Sound of the summer

i’ve watched it all the way through except for this most recent episode because i kinda dont care that much anymore.

i think the writing is bad. I think the writers room was probably like 'wow this is gross/funny/cool/weird. let’s make this happen or give this character this trait" with 0 consideration beyond just that

Yeah fully agree, loved every other season but this one feels like theyre rehashing simialir plots from previous seasons just worse

2 Likes

Im still on season 1 lmao

2 Likes

Uh…
I have no clue.

1 Like

good thing. season 1 is fantastic

I have a better idea of genres I’m not rather than genres that I am, and I’m trying to separate that from “genres I like”.

1 Like

“All the other seasons are good because it’s one of the few drama shows that feels like it’s genuinely about competent people vying for power in a realistic way but season 4 drops the ball on that”

1 Like

also

tw SA and spoilers for s4

the whole episode where hughie gets sexually assaulted by tek knight is… like really awful. It’s played for laughs the entire time and interviews with the writers confirm it was intended to just be funny. Like. it wasn’t funny it just made me feel uncomfortable and sad and was genuinely like 2/3 of the episode.

3 Likes

I can repeat so many things from my tumblr dash board