Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

After the election or the year is over it’d probably be smart to lock any politics thread

1 Like

I think the failure of those was like
lack of moderation

This is entirely gut, the same gut…

2 Likes

My thoughts on threads are that they kinda just exist for the one conversation before being inevitably forgotten.

i disagree, i think sometimes those threads just naturally lead to very Spirited Debate to put it lightly

1 Like

I think it depends heavily on hte community in question

2 Likes

ok yeah I’m probably wrong
I think about mu debate and how that is a shithole

3 Likes

and that has moderation

2 Likes

Omg what topic did they pursue

pretty much every topic under the sun

I was told by mu that it was fine and now I’m being told it’s not fine

3 Likes

would work cover this

1 Like

idk how that works

That doesn’t look fine to me, but I’m not a doctor so.

The best advice I can give is “If you’re concerned/unsure, go to a doctor” but healthcare is expensive in other places :pensive:

1 Like

PoV: USA

1 Like

Idk I don’t think quarantining it is a good idea for a variety of reasons I don’t wanna spend 10 minutes typing out for no one to read. It’s going to come up naturally and no one is going to want to switch threads to make a topical comment on the other thread like it would just deadend the conversation or make the person who would make an anodyne political statement otherwise stay silent. I think things come up all the time that some of us would prefer were on something else, but as long as it doesn’t become a daily reoccurring problem there’s no need to be heavy-handed.

7 Likes

i agree with resident commie nbowie this is good argument for why “no memes in general” is the worst rule in discord servers

1 Like

We should add a “no tutuu in cookie thread” rule i think

6 Likes

Is that your pitch to become a moderator?

2 Likes

It’s definitely a part of it

3 Likes

earlier i did a quiz to determine who’s my anime waifu

i missed the 3rd option thats a good choice too

2 Likes