Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

This translation is SO BRITISH

1 Like

jokey jin is a great name

3 Likes

TEALEAF!

YOU SHOULD BE BLOODY GRATEFUL WE HAVEN’T FUCKED YOUR DAD

1 Like

Um moderators? I was quoting classic Chinese novel Dream of the Red Chamber, you can’t tell me that’s inappropriate, it’s classic literature exception, it’s like telling me posting Michelangelo’s David is inappropriate, mods, mods, mods

2 Likes

youserious

4 Likes

is that bad language in my christian mafia forum, i am shocked and appalled, i might even cry :pensive:

3 Likes

i mean yah sometimes but i dont fully get a lot of ‘classics’

i was reading some book idt i remember what its called and like the lore was super cool and the characters were pretty well-written but i just remember the pacing being horrible and like weird and avant-garde and non-chronological at points. and i looked up reviews and it had a really dedicated fanbase who were all pretty devoted but also split for kinda asinine reasons (kinda like undertale). I think it was shipping but idk.

I wanna say catcher in the rye? but i looked it up and that wasnt it. it was some book we had to read in school.

3 Likes

Weird and non chronological pacing is so awesome

so a book is classic if it had a weird and really dedicated yet split fanbase
got it

by this logic 50 shades of grey is a classic

2 Likes

yes.

This book opens railing against smut

1 Like

i think this and 50 shades of grey should duel

1 Like

And also talking about how good the book is

1 Like

it’s almost like it was written in the 1700s

2 Likes

Every good book opens talking about how good the book is

2 Likes

i like talking about how good my own creation is

1 Like

i mean i get it but it was like, in-lore all written by one dude who like went around and told a bunch of other authors what to say and then someone put them all together. and its like… semiautobiographical? and a historical piece? and like iirc a family drama and collection of short stories as well

it was cool conceptually but wayyyy out of my depth as a kid. if i remembered the name maybe id give it another shot

2 Likes

Well there was smut to rail against

1 Like