Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

It’s extremely insulting

Take cool lady knight and make her thirst trap number 5000

Hhhm, I think a better explanation of my position re: sexuality is this:

“Who am I attracted to” might be a question with an actual inherent Truthful Answer, and tends to be more static (though not always entirely so). “What label should I use”, however, is not the same question, and conflating the two causes people a lot of unnecessary crises, I think. How you describe yourself to others is a practical question! Sexuality labels exist to communicate with others, and I think the best question to ask when choosing them is “what do I want to communicate to others”, not “what am I, Truly and Secretly”.

No word is inscribed on your soul, you know? Words are descriptors of reality, not the other way around. Reality is not defined by words. And so seeing people treat things like… “my specific borderline experience must actually fall into Either the Lesbian Category or the Bisexual Category, and I must just be having trouble determining which”, that feels pointless to me.

2 Likes

Not necessarily
Might not speak to you but a lot of people like them because it helps categorize themselves which people like for some reason

1 Like

Yeah I mean this is informed by autism I don’t use words in my head. This is an explanation of how I think not about how I believ eothers should think

2 Likes

People adore boxes
Categorization is cool, I agree
I don’t think it is great for everyone but it speaks to some people so I get

The only anxiety i feel over label / categorization is describing myself as non-straight non-cis to people who it would be dangerous for me to. Its a linear scale “dangerous to not dangerous”. Otherwise i have bigger problems in my life to worry about, the idea of worrying about what i am if im not in danger sounds silly to me

2 Likes

It’s phrased some what as a suggestion (“should”) because I previously thought in the “sexuality is an objective measurable discrete Thing” manner and it caused me to worry too much about things that didn’t matter. And I see others do the same thing and cannot help but wonder if they would be helped by also making this shift .But it is still only my own perspective hence why it is all stated with “I think” and “I feel”.

1 Like

I’m religious, so when people use religion to say why they don’t like a group of people I feel like murdering them

4 Likes

You would think basic human decency would mean you could see past dogma to see that people are people but nooooo

3 Likes

I thought religious and dogmatic are interchangable, maybe in this modern age there can be rebellious youths that can try to not fit in with that

2 Likes

Religion is much more than the dogma, even if a lot of religious people don’t see it that way
Some effects are like how fandom <-> media interplay works
Others are approach effects that inform logical premises

2 Likes

eighty six on spanish mid term. lets go

3 Likes

The mistake a lot of religious people make is using religion as the statement and the justification when it should probably only supplement for either

3 Likes

Based

This should help iron out any confusion

3 Likes

LMAOOOO

2 Likes

Also unrelated on the topic of sexuality people tend to assume I’m ace and it makes me so goddamn mad every time. It is clearly and transparently because I am autistic. Do not do this

2 Likes

“The truth is like a lion; you don’t have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself.”

• Aquinas

This one quote has done irreparable damage to religious discourse in my life

1 Like

This is completely incorrect as a statement
All warfare is based is more accurate and that’s an out of context statement

2 Likes