Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

That probably has nothing to do with Hazard using that pfp for at least a month :wowee: .

Nope weā€™re 20 questionsing it right now. Ask another question

i was every variation of -ist and -phobic up until ā€¦ i dont know. late teens to early 20s. everyone around me was. i adapted to my environment in real life. i mimicked everyone else, that was my survival strategy. i was under the impression that, if i do as everyone else, if i dont stand out, if they accept me for it => therefore that thing is good, correct. otherwise, its wrong, incorrect, because it would result in bad things for me. so it took me a while to realize my environment wasnt the whole world, there are multiple worlds out there all very different, operating on very different rules , and my little world was one of the few. and the rules of my little world didnt quite match with the rules of the worlds i wanted to be a part of, and that i could make a choice, once i gathered a little bit of strength to say ā€œnoā€ and reject people and refuse things and disagree with ideas

4 Likes

not to be too sappy or anything, but David Foster Wallaceā€™s 2005 commencement speech to the graduating class at Kenyon College (This is Water) is another one of those things where it changed my life for the better.

the whole thing is worth the read, but i constantly remind myself of that line and itā€™s helped me just be more zen about shit that would otherwise be frustrating.

1 Like

haters cant stand to see me hold the reigning cookie title for too long

you arenā€™t anymore??? okay weā€™re finished

3 Likes

Nobody is asking me questions how the frick am I supposed to finish this joke cā€™mon guys

what is their exact gender and sexuality

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a yes or no question

are they straight

You guys are making this joke difficult

I think Iā€™ve very quickly come to have a principle of ~never changing how I speak, talk, act, etc. in different settings (beyond professional settings). I used to try and blend to whatever situation I am in, but kinda realized that there is genuinely just no reason to do that because I wouldnt want to hang out with people who didnā€™t actually like me for me.

basically the ā€œbe yourself to make friendsā€ line but itā€™s more that I want to be myself so that I can get the right friends, not to make more friends.

idk just a fundamental shift of how I acted and thought. I think most people think Iā€™m a lot weirder now, but also the ones who do talk to me are usually way likelier to be chill

4 Likes

are they your mom

3 Likes

im wheezing LMAO

1 Like

i thought of some things which might get me canceled thinking about words ending in -ist

1 Like

this was to May

If we host forum Dangaronpa there should be poker as well.

Not my mom

2/20

part of this is also extrovert privelege b/c I am willing to talk to a bunch of ppl and that helps cast a wide net of potential friends, but iā€™m not gonna complain

are they straight