Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

Nya

Why can u speak spanish?

I mean, not very well

2 Likes

I learned some as a kid, forgot it all, was in classes as a teenager but they kept reviewing the same shit over and over again and I didn’t learn much

My mom doesn’t know Spanish because she grew up deaf so she didn’t learn it at home from grandparents & and only learned English in school, she tried to learn as an adult but uh. Not. Very. Successful. She tried to make a call in Spanish once and got hung up on

2 Likes

There was a brief period of time where I could read & understand conversationally but I’m just so bad at remembering

1 Like

Turns out to remember languages you have to speak them

grew up deaf?

2 Likes

La pistola

Yeah she was legally deaf as a child. I’m not sure exactly what it was that went away or was cured but she’s hearing now

4 Likes

Because of it she doesn’t always pronounce words correctly - there are certain vowels she can’t tell the difference between - and sometimes I accidentally inherit those pronunciations

3 Likes

good to hear. i bet it feels bittersweet for her. on one hand - happy to be able to hear. on the other - have to listen to May all day. maybe sometimes she wished she was deaf

6 Likes

She can’t hear the difference between “monster” and “Munster” (as in the cheese) si I just thought there was such a thing as Monster Cheese for some time

3 Likes

I also didn’t know that “women” was pronounced “wimen” and not like “woman” but with an E for. A long time

1 Like

may doesn’t know about monster cheese chat

5 Likes

womin

2 Likes

As you can imagine, lack of distinction between vowels is not great for learning a language

1 Like

If women are oppressed, then why

Simon

2 Likes

at least i bet it sounds very cute when u mispronounce words like a lisp. i go awww when i hear people with lisps

2 Likes

I can correct her pronunciation all I want but. Hey that’s another one. I thought it was “pronounciation”

3 Likes