Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

He doesn’t want to absorb the souls, he doesn’t feel worthy of his station as a king, that’s why he doesn’t go through the barrier or eagerly fight you in Neutral. In Genocide, it feels ultimately pointless to him as well. While Sans steps up because it’s hopeless, Asgore just surrenders himself and gives up. He was only concealing his insecurities because everyone looked up to him, and now most of them are all dead. He failed, so he no longer cares. He’s gone numb rather than burning with fury like Undyne did. This is why he doesn’t even try.

he doesn’t want to dodge attacks in the normal routes he wants you to kill him

we are talking about a monster with human souls

presumably you’re just too fast or like
i dunno
catching them off guard otherwise

I mean, it could.
Especially if your barrier theory is correct, it sounds logical.

with that theory why didnt sans take the souls

I already said this!

sans is a nihilist
he believes that nothing matters so there’s no point in trying

2 Likes

…and then trys anyway?

because if he won against you he got control of the timeline
what’s the point in having control of a timeline you can’t fix?

he specifically says he can’t afford not to care anymore

why didnt he can’t afford not to care anymore his way over to the 6 human souls

1 Like

i dunno he’s just the way he is

why didn’t undyne, the strongest monster, absorb the six human souls herself? is she stupid?

yes she’s dumb as bricks

Claims to be anti life

Tries anyway

2 Likes

she was ambushed + had to save people

if she has time to fuck around and chase you through waterfall she has time to get the human souls (or at least have someone else get the human souls to her)

Sans’ strategy is to just throw a brick wall at you until you give up out of boredom and go away. Wouldn’t fighting the six human souls be so cool that you’d stick it out anyway?

But it’s true, he could’ve tried that. But then he would just become the most Determined entity in the Underground, with the powers he hates. He doesn’t ask you to reset, he wants you to go away. The Human souls don’t really facilitate his objective, they’d just make his fight presumably harder.

he explicitly requests this