Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

Dont remind me

i don’t think “best season in the history of the league” → “miss playoffs for 20 years” is even replicable. truly the mariners innovate

1 Like

fuck you just go 116-46 and then become mid

eventually culminating in Ken Griffey Jr. Just Walking Out. You Can Leaveing

Imagine being born RIGHT AFTER your team wins 116 games and then never see them make the playoffs for your ENTIRE LIFE

this was me until a few years ago

oh, absolutely, like. it’s so fucked up. that’s the mariners for you. they give so much and they take probably too much in return, but we still love them for it

2 Likes

if it’s any consolation i started following baseball right after my favorite team’s greatest success in recent memory. which they have yet to match

It’s also not like we had all bad players during the drought

Felix hernandez played for the nariners basically all of his career

Which sucked because we would never be bad enough to do a full rebuild, but also not good enough to actually make it

Mmm

Unless you’re a red sox or a browns fan I don’t have much pity for you

Though that is rough

King Felix deserved better management.

2 Likes

Hi

1 Like

as a mariners secondary i can confidently say mariners fans should not be giving me pity. they have it SO much worse

2 Likes

Dungeon Meshi is fantastic. Ryoko Kui is a gift.

1 Like

Hi we’re ranting about baseball

Specifically the mariners

2 Likes

like oh yeah you get 10 years of Ichiro Suzuki, one of the best hitters of all time, followed by nearly 10 years of Felix Hernandez, one of the best pitchers of all time, and management just does nothing with it becasue doing something with it would cost money

1 Like

the one time Mariners management did spend significantly in that time it was Robinson Cano, and you know.

1 Like

what does the ocean have to do with baseball

1 Like

listen I’m not going to judge mostly because the Mariners then managed to almost completely escape the heat for that contract by yet another classic New York Mets Moment but it was not a good decision.

1 Like

its quite simple a guy in Seattle liked the ocean and submitted the Mariners as a name for the city’s baseball team and then immediately went missing for 40 years

3 Likes

he just??? didn’t realise that they chose his name for his reasons??? and that he had lifetime season tickets??? because he was just hanging out in philadelphia? i mean good for him but

1 Like