Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

Are you telling me this is a common thing for artists?
Are most artists just clinically insane?

1 Like

Maybe not CLINICALLY

But like

Also May is right it’s definitely not ai ITS A FUCKING PICREW :skull:

Anyways this is a stupid argument so I won’t further it but

Idk how that would make it not AI

Do you. Know what picrew is

I know it’s a picture thing

1 Like

Yeah idk how to explain it but Italy got it right

Up here

Here’s a random google result for “AI anime girl simple”

I think the thing you guys are saying is AI bad anatomy on Willow’s image is the fact that the face is super large and prominent and at a weird angle to the body… but this is a picrew that intends to primarily show off the face, and it has to accommodate a bunch of different outfits and hairstyles. It just looks like the face was drawn first and the body was tacked on afterward. It has the same detached quality that my childhood attempts at drawing people did

The finer details on the google result have a sense of “warping” - they’re oddly shaped in a way that’s common to, like, bad AI generated images - think the top of the eye, the ears, the part of the hair, where as Willow’s image has two identical extremely detailed eyes with no warping to them whatsoever

The way the shading blends into itself on the AI image is inconsistent - sometimes it blurs, sometimes it’s sharp, sometimes there’s multiple layers of shadow and sometimes there’s not. On Willow’s image, the artist clearly has two brushes - a sharp edge and a more painterly blurred brush - that they use in obviously intuitive places, which you can see on the ruffles of the shirt in particular

The hair especially is difficult to wrap your head around and has a lot of different layers of colour and shadow, whereas Willow’s image’s hair is a solid colour with one or two layers of shadow-gradient which can be clearly picked out. It’s hard to get AI images with that perfectly solid bicolour even at the edges

The colour of Willow’s image also goes slightly outside the lines - the lines are their own distinct “object” from the edges of the thing they’re depicting, while the lines on AI images are usually very visibly… “one with” the edges of particular objects

I understand your point was “this looks like an AI generated image” not “this is an AI generated image” but I have no idea what the fuck you’re looking at to judge whether something’s AI if not for the things which are all very clearly not present in this drawing?

3 Likes

What? No? This is really obviously simplified mediocre anime artist anatomy? What? Are you insane? Have you seen like the average fantasy artist draw women

1 Like

I’m going to make you all play Arete’s AI or Not game with a bunch of anime woman art until you all can figure your fucking selves out

7 Likes

I didn’t say it had to be AI! I said it could also just be the artist who’s bad at art.

I’m a PROFESSIONAL at looking at drawings of anime girls, ok, and the rest of you need to EDUCATE yourselfs and catch the fuck up. This is the modern world this is the new farming or computer programming it’s looking at DRAWINGS of girls that take aesthetic cues from ANIME, and the rest of you are illiterate in it. Learn to fucking read. Anime girls

1 Like

“Ooh I’m just a little guy it’s my birthday I’m the birthday boy I never said thaaaaat I was just suggesting because it’s my birthday”

2 Likes

May are you okay?

I’m being a dick for fun because I’m bored and because I’ve just realised my dorm room is directly outside a place where trucks drop things off and I’m gonna be woken up by backing up beeps every day for the next six months

2 Likes

I think I just heard a truck hit something.

3 Likes

Also why are you telling us about your anime girl fetish.