Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

iirc omega strikers got nominated as some kind of specific kind of game of the year thing
idr if they won it but its so based

and yeah the concord steam numbers don’t include Playstation, but the OS steam numbers don’t include mobile, Xbox, Playstation, or Switch

2 Likes

True…

concord literally launched into endgame OS status

literally lmao

which is fucking wild

1 Like

average triple a dev

1 Like

its a miracle overwatch 2 is still going after all the broken promises

and becoming the most negatively reviewed steam game ever n stuff

I say this as someone who has been in a situation where I’ve been told to make a shit product work, and after the company invested a stupid amount of capital into it and years of having to put up with it, we’re now spending a bunch of capital to switch to something else as fast as possible.

2 Likes

yep

the sunk cost fallacy

name recognition, fomo, and sunk cost carry industry titans for a lot longer than they should survive on pure merit

2 Likes

TRUE

nobody wants to give up 5k hours in league to go play a better game

2 Likes

and start all over

2 Likes

ok but to be fair league of legends is, iirc, literally designed to be an addictive game so

not a good one but an addictive one

Literally had a document where we evaluated a bunch of different similar products, and our analysis was it didn’t really seem like a good fit for us and had some serious doubts they would actually go through on a bunch of promises they were making. Hey guess what ended up happening when the engineering team was ignored?

2 Likes

i have no idea how the phenomenon happens where people install league for 1 day and then they’re permanently trapped in the cycle of installing and uninstalling even if they uninstall very quickly