Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

my role

Rolecard:
You stand atop a nearby hill, using the cover of the forest to watch the town from afar. Being distanced from them is nothing new to you. You’ve been branded a “lunatic” by them – cast out, misunderstood, and exiled. But they don’t understand. They don’t know you’ve come to show them the way. The way of the Moon. Ancient civilizations knew of this strength, but the modern town has lost this connection. You believe yourself an emissary of the Moon, here to guide those who reject you to true greatness through the Moon. Any and all who don’t welcome the Moon… their fate is not your responsibility.

As the Moon Worshipper, during any Night phase (including Night 0*), you may submit a message to the hosts along with a list of 2-4 players (including yourself, if you choose yourself) to “bless” in accordance with the phase of the Moon you choose from the list below. Your message has a word limit of 100 words, and it must be roughly in line with your flavor character.

The following Day, the sun will not rise, and will be instead be replaced by the moon at whatever phase you chose. Your message will be published (and clearly marked as having come from a role) along with the list of “blessed” players. Depending on the Moon state, additional things may also be included.

(*If you submit N0, there’s a one-time exception – you may delay picking the Moon phase and “blessed” players until any time within the first 24 hours of Day 1, at which point the moon phase and targets will be announced immediately.)

You are Semi-Compulsive, meaning that you may not submit no action twice in a row. If you try to, the hosts will randomly pick a moon phase from the available options and a random list of players to bless. You will additionally be publicly humiliated, in a method up to the host’s discretion.

The states of the Moon you may choose (and their effects) are as follows (you may only pick each one once):

Blood Moon : With the Blood Moon, a dark shade of red brings a foreboding sense of dread to the day as everything shimmers with a deep crimson. The Moon prepares to sap strength from humanity. All of your blessed players have increased ITA accuracy. The specifics of the accuracy increase is determined by the hosts, however, the buff will be stronger the less people you have blessed by the Blood Moon. If 75% or more (rounded up) of the people your blessed players target with their ITAs die that Day phase (by any means) then the Moon will be ready to accept a heir. You may appoint someone to be this “heir” - meaning that if you die and you’re unable to use all your moon states, on the Night immediately following your death, your heir may choose 1 unused moon state and use it once.

New Moon : The Moon hides itself, preserving its strength to supply itself more for a future effort. With the New Moon, any players blessed by the New Moon will have the effect of the following Moon copied onto them as well. This has no other effect.

Blue Moon : The arrival of the Blue Moon calls for a feast, and a celebration of life! All blessed players are allowed to submit one ingredient privately. At the end of the day, all the ingredients submitted by the blessed players are compiled and cooked into one food item, which the blessed players have the option to eat in tandem with performing their action. The specific effects of the food are up to the hosts.

Crescent Moon : The Crescent Moon shows the Moon building power. It helps guide your actions, but it does not empower them. All blessed players may choose to submit an additional backup target for each of their abilities that cycle. If a blessed player’s abilities would not successfully affect their primary target but would’ve successfully affected their backup target if they were instead the primary target, the abilities will instead be performed on the backup target and the action submitter will be informed that their target was changed to their backup.

Full Moon : The origin of the term ‘lunacy’ derives from craziness originating from a Full Moon. And now, the Moon shall make some lunatics. All blessed players become “lunatics”. This opens their mind to a connection with the Moon, allowing them to see dead people. Each blessed player is randomly assigned a player who died on the night you activate this ability or on the day of the Full Moon and is given a private chat with said dead player during the following night only. The players blessed by the Full Moon will flip with the modifier “Lunatic”. Additionally, all “blessed” players will have their feedback scrambled in a method determined by the hosts during the night after the day of the Full Moon.

Finally, once you’ve used all your cycles of the Moon, you may choose to reveal yourself as the Moon Worshipper at any point in the Day. If you choose to do so, the hosts will reveal your role title, and you gain a 1-shot “mark” ability. You submit this mark when you reveal and the end of Day post will say that whatever player you marked will have been marked by the Moon. This will not say what that means, however.

You may only mark a player who was never blessed. This mark empowers all actions performed by blessed players (from any previous blessing) on that player, making any actions they take that target the marked player Strong-Willed. This lasts for the rest of the game. You get your mark back when your marked target dies and may submit another marking action the next available Day phase (with a maximum of 1 mark submitted per phase), and your mark disappears when you die.

Passives:
Your Moon actions are multitasking, meaning you may perform them in tandem with another action, if you get any.
Your Moon actions cannot be roleblocked, however, your blessings may be redirected.
If you try to bless any Sun Worshipper role, the Moon considers you a traitor. This will vanillaize you, publicly shame you (with a method to the host’s discretion), and you will have confirmed all the “lunatic” rumors about you.
If you make a Sun Worshipper role your heir, the Moon will not abandon you, however, you will still be publicly shamed with a method to the host’s discretion.

1 Like

You can barely fit in all planets in the solar system except the earth in between the earth and the moon

moon wornsipoers and sun worshippers have a mutual rivalry

Shortest FoL role

“your hatred of me is both pointless and one sided”

1 Like

i understand the need for balance
it’s opposing ideals but like. i like to practise a thing called Compassion

1 Like

next game i host here the gimmick will be every role pm is as short as possible and i will refuse to answer any mech questions

5 Likes

u r town vig
at nite u may vig some1

2 Likes

historically I understand why thats the case

1 Like

n1 I was targeted by a role that made all my actions act infinitely that night, I…choose to make four people and myself to have access to a chat with one random person who died that night or the next day, along with sending a message and the moon rising…everyone I choose got to speak with everyone who died that night or the next day, and there were infinite moons the hosts gave up announcing the messages and moons after the 15th one

1 Like

the mafia chat were envious of me, I was town and literally got infinite dead chat, infinite moons, my role changed to a better one, and also other things I forgot, main character andyrome

I would prefer that

2 Likes

tbh when i host my role pms are either twice as wordy as they need to be or very very brief

i dont have any plans to host on fol any time soon but maybe in the future you will be exposed to my stupidity

2 Likes

the sun brings life and creation and love and as I have no need to focus to a patron at this stage of my life (chances are I may never need to) I will at least remain solely bound to the sun. I understand why someone would go to both the sun and moon too

1 Like

yea

rip

sorry litten you brought up moon worship i get to talk about moon worship

2 Likes

:full_moon:

1 Like

gouda

1 Like
1 Like