Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

yea fair
that’s also where the extremely harsh anticlaim comes in

1 Like

can mods hide a thread while action processing happens?

Ya can probably just temporarily make it a PM?

2 Likes

my dreams are coming true

re: anticlaim:

some judgment calls I’m currently making, but open to counterarguments about:

• starting kings are literally not included in the anticlaim at all
  • the anticlaim is disabled once all non-starting-king BD are dead (evils aren’t informed when this happens)
  • to anticlaim an elected BD king, you have to identify their starting class (not sure of this one)
  • to anticlaim a neutral/psycho king, you only need to identify their current class, not starting (not sure of this one either)

and I’m not sure if there’s a graceful way to handle the anticlaim being inherited by the NK if the starting evils are eliminated, some options I’m considering are:

• inform the NK when they inherit it and just accept that this leaks info
  • don’t inform the NK, they can submit an anticlaim every day, but it will secretly only do anything once the starting evils are dead
  • the anticlaim can be used by either starting evils or the NK at all times, the NK can win this way even if the starting evils are still alive
1 Like

yeah
i’d recommend making a seperate announcements thread tho

you can temporarily make it a PM although I think you might have to manually kick out everyone who posted in it? anyone want to help me test?

1 Like

actually wait I’m just doing it with the drama mill thread. It’s the drama mill thread, if they get mad it’s just part of the bit

5 Likes

beside literally not having an anticlaim if you get elected thats the only way i can see it going

1 Like

i think this one is probably reasonable? even if its a little bit sus at first

It’s okay to abuse mod powers when it’s very funny, and anything you could do to the drama mill thread that could feasibly be considered an abuse of mod powers is very funny. A great service to Fortress of Lies

actually probably the easiest way to make it so normal people can’t see the thread during action processing (if I so desire) is to just move it to one of the secret categories that most people can’t see? (obviously if there’s someone in the game with access to a secret category I will need to Be Careful and Take That Into Account but that doesn’t seem insurmountable)

1 Like

((what specific reason did you want “people can’t see the thread during action processing”?))

1 Like

to hide such a disgraceful act from gods watchful eyes, obviously

1 Like

You know there’s a category nobody would be able to see right? :joy_cat:

2 Likes

it occurs to me that the Lying Darkness anticlaim solves (ish) the whole “Seeker is wildly less powerful than every other Cult” thing

arete isnt in that just me you and the cool people

2 Likes

Yeah but I wasn’t sure if that was public info :joy_cat:

2 Likes

holy shit

chloe when am I becoming helper btw

1 Like