Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

Can’t wait for the True Colors reaction.

1 Like

My dad just told me that he’ll take away my phone if I don’t “get the work done in time” I fucking hate it here

:ghosthug:

1 Like

Why does he think that literally everything I do except work is a “distraction” and nothing else?
Spoiler alert it’s like 10x bigger than that

I just. Ugh

Fuck

“I’m doing this because I care about you” my ass

1 Like

what work do you have to do?

1 Like

I can’t even be angry anymore I just. Emotion.

A lot of things

It seems reasonable on the surface that he’d want me to do my final projects it’s the punishment that I’m

Help

ok so, to be clear, this isn’t a defense of his actions, but the obvious solution here seems like “finish (whatever project it is that he’s trying to get you to finish) by the deadline”

are there specific barriers preventing you from doing that? e.g. not being sure how to do it, not having the tools you need, etc.

3 Likes

I know I’m just scared by the threat

He does take away the best device that I have for said projects (access to my computer, it’s the best b/c it has multiple monitors)
But it’s still like. possible on other devices

and that’s totally valid and understandable, but you can’t control whether he issues you weird threats, you can only control how you respond

4 Likes

“our adventurer guild” has been an amazing game

1 Like

Yeah I know

would he be willing to let you use your computer if he was supervising? (and if so would “computer but he’s supervising” be an improvement over “other device but he isn’t”)

2 Likes

i really wouldnt worry about it that much tbh, hes choosing The Bad Option Of Encouraging for your work, threatening to take away something is a way to encourage people to do something. obviously like positive reinforcement is better but thats not the route hes taken so u kinda gotta deal with it

1 Like