Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

Oh Star Trek

Big generational gap here. People talk about Star Trek and Skibbidy Toilet on the same website here

1 Like

Watching the episode Darmok genuinely rewired my brain regarding language and translation. I became instantly cynical about machine translation, and understood why it wasn’t getting better.

2 Likes

I remember my dad tried to get me into Star Trek, so I watched the first episode a few years back.
It had a really neat premise but was also just three women swooning over the captain, so, uh, I kinda dropped it.

2 Likes

Like the original series?

2 Likes

Ur cute and smart i like you

3 Likes

I think it was?
Need to check.

2 Likes

YOU WANT TO BE ME I SWEAR TO GOD

2 Likes

stop eating up my SHADE good LORD it was COOL in here before you

2 Likes

number of slurs ive posted today: less than tutuu

3 Likes

No? I don’t think about you. Youre meaningless

1 Like

Lmao

1 Like

i know for a fact you do

3 Likes

i will not hydra with you

3 Likes

Ok, I cannot for the life of me find the episode I watched.
What the heck?

2 Likes

star gate

2 Likes

I’ve never watched it and don’t plan on it. I’ve seen all of Deep Space Nine (shout-out to Jadzia Dax, trans icon and confirmed girl kisser), some of Voyager, and most of The Next Generation. I love TNG and it holds a special place in my heart, and think it generally holds up. Voyager was pretty good. It has a native American character and the person the writers got advice from was literally a con artist who pretended to be native American as a grift so it’s, uh, pretty cringe at times even though they had good intentions. DS9 is fine. I think I finished it because it was the shortest, and I used an episode guide that skipped a fair number of episodes that weren’t that great (I would highly recommend finding an episode guide for any of them if you try to watch them now).

3 Likes

This information makes me feel the same way as if a doctor would tell me im cured from a parasite

1 Like

I really like your avatar

Found it.

2 Likes