Don't Starve - Anonymous TOWN VICTORY!

I DON’T DISAGREE; HOWEVER, I THINK A LYLO WITH ENTIRELY SLANKERS IS A PRETTY DOGSHIT PLACE TO END UP IN.

1 Like

agreed!

i don’t hide my trust in wortox and webber but i am also trying to expand my tentative trust circle and currently looking to spot players that seem as good as those two reading into their actions.

wendy’s input on them would be cool since they’re on my radar too, tho very neutral.

but in general, mafia or not, players trying the hardest deserve the most attention and even benefit of the doubt from my pov. i gave my town reads but i don’t trust my judgement all that much and i fully expect to be dead wrong or pocketed at some point lol

ON THAT NOTE

HI WIGFRID

I wish our hands were not forced as they were. I can at least attempt to stir up more activity by questioning the state of the game as it is.

AND REGARDLESS, MY POINT IS THAT MOST WOLVES WILL LOOK AT GAMESTATES WITH COMPETING SLANKER WAGONS, ONE OF WHOM IS THEIRS, AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET SOME CRED IF THEIR GUY DIES BUT JUST HOPE THAT HE LIVES.

Childe in Vampire the Masquerade game for example.

WHO THE HELL IS CHILDE

hello wx, how do you feel about pockets

Was in the previous game. I think it’s always useful to read games since it allows us to figure some things out though I suppose since this is anon it’s much more tentative with any use.

IN WHAT SENSE?

I FEEL LIKE I DO THEM VERY OFTEN WHEN I AM SCUM, SO I GUESS I COULD SAY I LIKE THEM, BUT I DOUBT THAT’S WHAT YOU’RE ASKING ABOUT.

When I select kills as a wolf, my primary concern is killing the people whose trajectory looks positive. A player who is tunneling wolves will often make too obvious a kill, though this is less likely to come into play in a game without such strong opinions. A player who is townreading wolves and seems unlikely to stop is a bad kill. A player with weak townreads on wolves who will likely question them as their PoE flips town, though, is an excellent kill, as you lock in those incorrect reads and prevent them from progressing.

I wonder if there is a wolf in Wes’s townleans.

CLEARLY, WILLOW IS A WOLF. GOOD DETECTIVE WORK WILLOW.

just checking - bussing means one wolf selling out another, right?

i think that’s perfectly reasonable in a game where there is no power role that can check identities, one wolf can absolutely be a scapegoat for tactical purposes

YEAH. FOR EXAMPLE, IT WOULD MAKE A LOT OF SENSE FOR A WOLF IN THIS GAMESTATE, IF WOODIE IS ALSO A WOLF, TO PUSH ONTO THEM. IF PEOPLE LIKE WILSON/WARLY KEEP DYING, THERE’S NO LOSS, BUT IF WOODIE GOES OVER YOU LOOK GOOD FOR PUSHING HIM.

WHICH IS WHERE I COME BACK TO HOW ODDLY CONSISTENT WORTOX IS ON WOODIE, LOL. EVERY OTHER SLOT IN THE GAME HAS WAFFLED PRETTY HARD ON WOODIE’S ALIGNMENT, BUT WORTOX HAS BEEN LOCKED IN, WHICH SEEMS PRETTY UNCHARACTERISTIC GIVEN THE REST OF THEIR READS ARE HARDLY STRONG.

1 Like

Okay, I just got humbled. Back now.

2 Likes

I DON’T THINK THEY HAVE TO BE W/W, TO BE CLEAR - HOWEVER, I WANT TO MAKE IT VERY CLEAR THAT, IF WOODIE FLIPS W, WORTOX SHOULD NOT BE CLEARED FOR BEING ON THAT WAGON. I DON’T THINK ANYTHING IN THEIR PUSH IS UNALIGNING.

2 Likes

The big thing would be the fact that if I’m a wolf then I suggested a method to take a certain town flip into a 2/3 scum flip yesterday which would be gamethrowing. And therefore not something you should think is possible.

I THINK THAT IS A SILLY ARGUMENT.

ALSO A WOLFY ONE BUT I’M PROBABLY CONFBIASING ON THAT POINT LEL