FoL Awards 2024 - Discussion Thread

It feels like a fun award, which would presumably apply to whatever you felt like.
So long as it’s a community post.

1 Like

Aww yeah so good i made them CHANGE THE RULES

4 Likes

you probably would have won best scum too if you couldn’t due to winning it last year. you would have had the complete triforce

Still sad about losing the best misc performance last year.

2 Likes

Mr. Bison says YES!

3 Likes

Yeah you can nominate players on teams you were on

3 Likes

oh rip, I wanted to nominate him :frowning:

1 Like

Should I delete the post in the other thread to remove da spam or naw

1 Like

What? You can. You can nominate anybody except yourself for anything

4 Likes

I could have swore we couldnt do that

2 Likes

Might have just made up a rule in my head tho

1 Like

You previously couldn’t nominate teams you were part of for team awards (because you would also receive that award), but that was changed this year. Literally the only thing restricted now is nominating yourself for a solo award

3 Likes

Yeah the setup was great! Everyone wins.

5 Likes

I nominate Marshal for Best All-Around Player.
Writeup:
You don’t miss 100% of the shots you don’t take

8 Likes

Seconded. Giggles

1 Like

still think this is silly and makes voting Weird because now you’re incentivized to not vote the same person for both if you think they’ll win overall even if you think they really do deserve Best Town/Scum, which is liable to result in some really wacky outcomes for these awards for no real benefit? Like if somebody is considered by popular vote to be both the best at one alignment and the best overall then they earned those titles tbh

1 Like

what if we allowed voting for multiple people?

1 Like

on that note imo voting should work like that by default

vote for everybody you think deserves the award

person most people think is deserving wins

that’s generally a better way to choose an outcome than the person who the most people picked as their single choice

4 Likes

we used to use that method for early rep voting for champs (idk if we still do, I haven’t been running voting in a while)

on that note I still think it was weird that I was running voting while I was also a candidate but nobody else stepped up to do it so :joy_cat:

1 Like